LEDs suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

970Co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E772F9C5-F55D-4E9C-80B2-E4EFFD79F74C.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I hear your pain!
I took a pic after ice picking the others.
The twenty inch is still coated with ice. Good thing the office has a heated garage.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I keep a deicer mix in a spray bottle. Every time I stop I spray them off. Doesn't help for long trips though

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights that use 10w chips seem to give off plenty of heat. Mine do, anyway.

The 10W CREE XM-L chips give off noticeable heat(from the front of the emitter, not the heatsink) a couple inches away. No PWM and driven at 100%

The covers I tinted blue actually got hot enough there is a slight circle shaped deformation in the optix(trade name for acrylic sheet) in front of each LED. I didn't have an issue at SnoBall, or last winter living in MN. It only took a couple minutes for built up snow/ice to melt off, with my lightbar mounted in the grill.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm an old school halogen aficionado, and I don't have the icing problem. They get plenty warm and are street legal.

Gorelaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snow? what is that? the lowest temp I saw here is 15 c and you dont wanna know the highest :D