LEDs suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cold and snowy weekend here in Northern Michigan. My LED lights are coated with snow and ice. No effective lighting. Old school HIDs are the bomb if you have to deal with ice. LEDs will not melt the snow. Rain-x...doesn't matter.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol this has been the subject of numerous discussions regarding pros and cons of led and hid.

OP
OP
Java

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol this has been the subject of numerous discussions regarding pros and cons of led and hid.

Just putting it out there for northerners who need some insight before they buy.

raptrcrzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point, never had any issues with the 40. Don't aluminum housings heat up and melt ice? Maybe I don't know real cold.:baby:

I have converted to HID Hella 500's behind my grill and do a good job of melting flurrys before they get to my radiator, but even my Rigid dually fog lights down low do well after I kick the ice off em in the morning... They seem to handle the abuse very well so far. I do have some Vision X optimus lights that melt ice on the housing but thats about it.