led strips vs. led lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cubiefan101

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sdhq does have a sweet set up. Just don't know if I want to blow $200 on this mod. Ive found waterproof led strips on amazon for 15 bucks for 16'. I think im leaning more towards car stereo set up.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did a cheap Amazon strip in the bed with a switch and liked it. I'm sure the same would work under the hood. Just upgrade the tape.

OP
OP
cubiefan101

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To run the electric. Did you pull the drain plug at the bottom of the bed and route it underneath to the battery?

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Sorry let me rephrase that. How/where did you connect the two strips from each side of the bed?

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I just put a 700 lumen LED light, don't remember what it costs but was maybe $15. It's out of the way of my 40" and 30" light bars that are mounted behind my grill.

IMG_8082.jpg
IMG_8113.jpg
IMG_8115.jpg
IMG_8121.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can anyone vouch for a good brand of led strips?
me.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

im goin to explain why i went with strips and not a light pod. i did a lot of figuring before i made my choice. may be this will help those still trying to make a descision

the light pods are bright, and will do the job, however since the light emits from a single point, you will cast shadows. if you head is in between the light and what you are working on, your shadow will cast most likely on what you are trying to work on. i went with the led strips because i found very bright strips with a 180 degree light pattern. meaning it throws light in all directions. pair that with multiple points of light emission, it does not cast dark shadows when you are trying to work.