LED Light Bar Theft Prevention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Security screws? I NEED to do this, have $1800 for the taken if not.

OP
OP
BearLeeAsian

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ultra-lok.jpg

Group buy?

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I am waiting on mine that went for repairs and I will share my security solution with you guys when I get ready to reinstall them.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
:big_banana_Dance: repairs from TRR? I think you needed regular screws from the get go ...

JK ;)

Ahahaha! Nah I cut slots into my Bar on the front to slide them in and down into place. The Light bars will have threaded rods coming out of each side and will get security nuts on them. Much better than trying to get an m6 wimpy screw through the side and to stay in place

OP
OP
BearLeeAsian

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahahaha! Nah I cut slots into my Bar on the front to slide them in and down into place. The Light bars will have threaded rods coming out of each side and will get security nuts on them. Much better than trying to get an m6 wimpy screw through the side and to stay in place

Can't wait for your pics.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I did is ran a 1/4 cable through the baja lights to slow down any thief's!
Ran the cable into the frame and will add a lock. The other side I sliver soldered a nut on it so it cant be pulled through. Left enough so I can cut the cable pull through if I need to remove the lights.
shockcondoms004_zps87306184.jpg

shockcondoms003_zps307dd98a.jpg'

Last edited:
OP
OP
BearLeeAsian

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Drilled an extra hole and looped cable through it? Does the cable run fully through the whole length of the light bar?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drilled an extra hole and looped cable through it? Does the cable run fully through the whole length of the light bar?

I drilled no holes. THe baja designs light has cooling fins around the whole light. I ran teh cable through 1 on the back that has holes already in the bracket. Yes teh cable runs through the whole light I added a stop on one end, made it long enough to slide in the frame and on the other end I made a loop and have it pad locked to the frame