LED interior lights......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamared

Reaction score
So,
I put in some LED map lights and rear overhead light yesterday. Love how its nice and bright at night and really good swap over factory.

However, i noticed last night driving that they had a " low glow" to them when they should have been OFF.

Got home, locked truck, they dim as normal but rather than going completely off, they still have a low glow to them.

Question- is this residual power bleeding through and causing this? This didnt happen with the factory bulbs installed.:025:

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have LEDs for interior but they completely turn off, no glow...i would call the company where you got them from.

OP
OP
B

bamared

Reaction score
i was thinking about that... just wondered if there might be something else that could cause this.

weird as ive never see this before with any other led's installed.

Probably the only fix if i dont replace the LEDs i have installed. probably cheap ass ones is what i got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbP-pt4aczs

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It migh be the LED's you used. I've heard this a few times from customers of ours. After they ditch the "cheapo LEDs" for our ClaraLux ones, the dim glow goes away.

Can you share the link you used to get the lights? I'll let you know if I've heard of issues or not with them. I'd rather see you fix your issue then make a sale so share as many details as possible. As a 194/921 are the same bulb size but 921 tend to be longer while 194 are smaller... so if you went with those, let me know.

Also, if you went with LED boards, again, let me know which ones we'll see if we can figure it out.

stevelp99

Reaction score
Never had any issues with Diode Dymanics, used them in my last few vehicles. Not the cheapest option, but consistent.

OP
OP
B

bamared

Reaction score
It migh be the LED's you used. I've heard this a few times from customers of ours. After they ditch the "cheapo LEDs" for our ClaraLux ones, the dim glow goes away.

Can you share the link you used to get the lights? I'll let you know if I've heard of issues or not with them. I'd rather see you fix your issue then make a sale so share as many details as possible. As a 194/921 are the same bulb size but 921 tend to be longer while 194 are smaller... so if you went with those, let me know.

Also, if you went with LED boards, again, let me know which ones we'll see if we can figure it out.

These are the ones.

7x White LED lights interior package kit for 2010-2014 Ford Raptor or F-150 FS2W | eBay

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Uhhh yeah those are... well how do I put this delicatly... garbage? LOL. At least that 194 bulb is garbage. The other ones may not be as bad, but they all use the same (what looks like the chinese LED) style diodes. Not genuine CREE bulbs, which is what you want. Cheap bulbs (which you can tell at $9.74 for all of them).

If you are interested I can send you a sample LED Board to try out in your dome. It's a universal LED board with some universal connectors. No charge, just let me know what you think of it (I have an extra pair laying around as my truck has factory LED inside, so no need for it).

Just shoot me a PM with your details and i'll send it over to try out.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got mine at Wal-Mart and they don't do the afterglow thing. I don't think this is actually an LED quality thing. Think about it. The truck should kill the voltage to those dome lights and when it does, no lighting product of any type or quality should afterglow. Evidently your truck isn't completely shutting down that circuit, and you never noticed it because incandescent bulbs take more power to illuminate.

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Were the ones you got Philips Ruger? I see those a lot and those are a lot better then the ones he picked up off eBay

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Were the ones you got Philips Ruger? I see those a lot and those are a lot better then the ones he picked up off eBay

I don't remember the brand. The appropriate LEDs for the two map lights and the dome light were in the same package together, though, I do remember that. Wasn't expensive, either, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them.