LED H13 Headlight Bulbs???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Master Yoda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed H13 LED's

The install was a no brainer. Plug and play. Only a couple of negatives on fit/finish, I'll get to that below. I put these in my '11 stock headlight housings, not the newer projector type.

Pros: Definitely better lighting than the stock halogens or Sylvania's that I replaced the stockers with. They are O ring sealed between the aluminum housing and the plastic lock ring. Just took a short ride and the low beams, after adjusting the headlights down some, definitely give you more peripheral light and road signs light up much better in the distance. These are 5000K at 2000 lm on low beam, 2600 on high. Met several oncoming cars, no one flashed me.

Cons: Very little "difference" in low and high beam output in distance. High definitely gets out there better than the halogens, but it's not a WOW reach by any means. Again, with a set of light cannons on the hood, nothing much compares to that reach. The bulb/cooling fan housing is somewhat "loose", not a really tight fit like stock bulbs, but I did not notice any flickering or vibration on some fairly rough backroads or my gravel driveway. The entire bulb and housing is quite heavy on the back where the cooling fan/motor resides. The looseness also may be from the tabs, or lack of sturdiness on the round plastic lock tabs that the bulb actually twists into. Gonna give them a call about that to make sure that the play between the bulb/housing and plastic housing mounts is the way it should be.

Again, just need some more on and off road time to properly evaluate this product before I'd personally recommend it to anyone else. Worth $149.00? We shall see.

Master Yoda

Attachments

• LED Kit.jpg
    LED Kit.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 119
  • low beam.jpg
    low beam.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 97
  • High Beam.jpg
    High Beam.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 106

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good awesome review and thank you for being the Guinea Pig:) I want to see this go against a 35 and 55 watt hid kit. Just my curiosity

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yoda, idk if you've had the chance to use the OEM 2013 HID headlights... if you have, do you know how they compare?

Master Yoda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Humvee, I have not, so no way for me to compare the two. This is the first headlight upgrade I've done.....besides trying the Sylvania bulbs.......and they were only slightly better than the stock halogens.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see howmthesemhold up. Very interested...

If you have a chance do you mind grabbing some output shots ? Other than the garage door

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna order a set this weekend. Thanks for your review Yoda!