led bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I love how a suspension company is now selling Chinese lightbars.

Why can't companies just stick to what they know, suspension in this case.

Everyone just wants to make a quick buck.

Anyways, to answer your question: it's just an import Chinese bar just like millions of other companies out there. Nothing special to it, you can probably buy this same light on eBay or Amazon for $200

Why they would have a flood on the outside of a radius bar is beyond me.. The whole point of a radius bar is to get as much side light as possible while still maintaining distance with all the LED's. To put a flood on the outsides is pretty much pointless.

If you have any questions about lighting, feel free to give me a call. Hopefully I can steer you in the right direction

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love how a suspension company is now selling Chinese lightbars.

Why can't companies just stick to what they know, suspension in this case.

Everyone just wants to make a quick buck.

Anyways, to answer your question: it's just an import Chinese bar just like millions of other companies out there. Nothing special to it, you can probably buy this same light on eBay or Amazon for $200

Why they would have a flood on the outside of a radius bar is beyond me.. The whole point of a radius bar is to get as much side light as possible while still maintaining distance with all the LED's. To put a flood on the outsides is pretty much pointless.

If you have any questions about lighting, feel free to give me a call. Hopefully I can steer you in the right direction

Aren't the majority of unbranded Chinese bars nowadays? Not talking about the US assembled companies, but it seems like most of the bars being sold on amazon, instagram, etc are Chinese made and assembled.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Aren't the majority of unbranded Chinese bars nowadays? Not talking about the US assembled companies, but it seems like most of the bars being sold on amazon, instagram, etc are Chinese made and assembled.

Yep! 99% of the stuff on those sites is Chinese. You can pretty much say anything under $800 or so for a 50" bar is probably Chinese made. The market has become flooded with import bars. They are everywhere. I'm sure there are thousands of pages on Instagram with them. And I'm pretty sure half the people selling them are working from their house and don't have valid business licenses and don't collect taxes on sales. It bugs me like crazy, but at the same time I understand everyone's got bills to pay. Just wish people would do it the right way, like joining forums and paying to support the people who support us. And doing everything legit. I started AO when I was 20, and I've seen a HUGE boom in the import bar game. When I started, it was all about the import HID's. Those phased out and the LED bars came in. Crazy to see how everything changes so fast!

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
The only thing is, I had 4 red ring Chinese 7" hid Offroad lights. They caught on fire. I got rid of that set up and got 2 32" Chinese light bars. They worked perfect. One fell off, got ran over and I tested it that night and it worked perfect. Housing was just a little damaged.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The only thing is, I had 4 red ring Chinese 7" hid Offroad lights. They caught on fire. I got rid of that set up and got 2 32" Chinese light bars. They worked perfect. One fell off, got ran over and I tested it that night and it worked perfect. Housing was just a little damaged.

Yeah, and I'm not commenting here to bad mouth the quality of anything, just saying how I notice a huge boom in imports and how everyone and their mom is selling them lately. That's all..

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Yeah, and I'm not commenting here to bad mouth the quality of anything, just saying how I notice a huge boom in imports and how everyone and their mom is selling them lately. That's all..

Haha, I didn't take it that way James. It just surprises me that the Chinese made led bars work perfect but they cant make a round hid work for shit. But I guess since a light bar is solid state and just a huge circuit board, it's hard for something to go wrong lol

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Haha, I didn't take it that way James. It just surprises me that the Chinese made led bars work perfect but they cant make a round hid work for shit. But I guess since a light bar is solid state and just a huge circuit board, it's hard for something to go wrong lol

Hahah yeah exactly. It's an HID fragile bulb vs a chip basically. The chip will always win. HID's were never built for pure offroad use, they just implemented them into a plastic housing. So many failed due to vibrations. Obviously the better brands have much better vibration resistance and dampening, but theres a $300 or so difference for that, LOL

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Hahah yeah exactly. It's an HID fragile bulb vs a chip basically. The chip will always win. HID's were never built for pure offroad use, they just implemented them into a plastic housing. So many failed due to vibrations. Obviously the better brands have much better vibration resistance and dampening, but theres a $300 or so difference for that, LOL

Lol like the vision-x lights I never converted to HID. I have the 8.7" ones. I still need to get rid of them..... Haha