Killer deal on Light Cannons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't worry, we feel the same way. Lol. Amazon is very hard to compete with sometimes due to people not following the rules.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Yep, Amazon is ******. It's great as a consumer but it really hurts merchants. It's a free for all. VisionX has been trying to get this company taken down for months now, but because everyone buys from different sources it's hard to track them down. We buy direct always

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, Amazon is ******. It's great as a consumer but it really hurts merchants. It's a free for all. VisionX has been trying to get this company taken down for months now, but because everyone buys from different sources it's hard to track them down. We buy direct always

Depends on who you ask

Ok here's the answer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 106

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm not trying to bash you guys as I understand that MAP is common practice and not your rules but I feel that MAP is akin to price collusion.

Unless a company is selling stolen or fake goods there should be no rules around what price they can advertise or sell a product for (and then the issue still shouldn't be the price)... seems to me that's what a fair market is all about. If somebody thinks they can come out ahead on volume by cutting their margins then so be it IMO. Is there something I'm missing?

I guess that VisionX or any other manufacturer also has the right to sell or not sell their goods to whoever they like too...

Last edited:

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not trying to bash you guys as I understand that MAP is common practice and not your rules but I feel that MAP is akin to price collusion.

Unless a company is selling stolen or fake goods there should be no rules around what price they can advertise or sell a product for (and then the issue still shouldn't be the price)... seems to me that's what a fair market is all about. If somebody thinks they can come out ahead on volume by cutting their margins then so be it IMO. Is there something I'm missing?

A lot of people mis understand MAP. MAP isn't what the company can sell at, it's what they can advertise at. I can sell cannons at $350 all day long, no problem. But we always ADVERTISE them at MAP. We play by the rules, and so does EVERY other authorized VisionX/Rigid Industries/Baja Designs dealer. Everyone plays by the rules. If you call, email, come in, I will quote you much lower but a "fair market" means everyone is advertising the same and it doesn't start a pissing match because store A is selling $5 below store B. It's also set in place to protect a brand. If VisionX thinks their lights should be sold at $450, then store A on Amazon comes back and sells them at $350, it devalues the brand and the product.

I could go on and on, but I won't out of respect for our members.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people mis understand MAP. MAP isn't what the company can sell at, it's what they can advertise at. I can sell cannons at $350 all day long, no problem. But we always ADVERTISE them at MAP. We play by the rules, and so does EVERY other authorized VisionX/Rigid Industries/Baja Designs dealer. Everyone plays by the rules. If you call, email, come in, I will quote you much lower but a "fair market" means everyone is advertising the same and it doesn't start a pissing match because store A is selling $5 below store B. It's also set in place to protect a brand. If VisionX thinks their lights should be sold at $450, then store A on Amazon comes back and sells them at $350, it devalues the brand and the product.

I could go on and on, but I won't out of respect for our members.

I appreciate the explanation, and understand why a brand will impose these rules as a way to inflate their brand but I still think it's ****** to impose MAP on vendors.

I also disagree with your idea of fair market being that everyone has to advertise the same... Free implies you can do what you want and a free market would allow anyone to advertise a product at any price.

Anyways, don't want to derail the thread, just my $0.02. Thanks again.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I chose to support the Raptor community with my purchases. You get better customer service that way, warranty, and was always taken care of on prices. I'd rather pay a slight bit more to get the better service.

And I think I can speak for all the vendors on here when I say, we appreciate that!!! It's what puts food on our tables at night and pays the bills.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I chose to support the Raptor community with my purchases. You get better customer service that way, warranty, and was always taken care of on prices. I'd rather pay a slight bit more to get the better service.

As much as I hate to admit it @Jimbo is absolutely correct and I agree with him. I actually try and spread out my purchases to a bunch of the vendors on here as much as I can. When you have vendors that are active forum members and care about the products they sell to the other forum members they tend to go above and beyond to help you out. Every single mod that I've purchased for my trucks has come from a vendor on here unless I purchased it from another member.