kc vs rigid.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeHem510

Reaction score
Dont mean to open a can of worms

The KC Hi lites or the rigid industries??

Looks like KC is the C3 which is spot beam pattern???

and the Rigid is the duallys with the one spot one flood??

I am confused on the different and most popular patterns that most

Thanks

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beam pattern depends on your driving needs.

Go fast = spot
Go slow = wide
Go medium = driving

Both KC and Rigid are great companies with great products. You can't go wrong with either company.

OP
OP
M

MikeHem510

Reaction score
so i dont understand what is medium?? one of each???? one spot one flood.....i am leaning towards the kc hi lites but it is the spot pattern. What is considered slow and considered fast? thanks

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mounted both - spot and flood. 2 spots on the inside of 2 floods. Works great for both driving conditions. Tons of light up close and far out.....

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i dont understand what is medium?? one of each???? one spot one flood.....i am leaning towards the kc hi lites but it is the spot pattern. What is considered slow and considered fast? thanks

Drive fast speed offroad = 55mph+ = spot beam pattern
Drive medium speed offroad = 25-55mph = driving beam pattern
Drive slow speed offroad = <25mph = wide/fog beam pattern

As was suggested, you can always combine beam patterns by getting multiple lights/light bars. It all depends on your offroad lighting needs. Remember these lights are meant to be used offroad, not on highways. Therefore, if you are only looking for fill light on highways, just go with some 55w halogen fogs that are DOT approved for highway use and won't blind oncoming traffic.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Dont mean to open a can of worms

The KC Hi lites or the rigid industries??

Looks like KC is the C3 which is spot beam pattern???

and the Rigid is the duallys with the one spot one flood??

I am confused on the different and most popular patterns that most

Thanks

I take it your looking for something like this?
These are the KC C3 spot beam kit sku: 341

341w.jpg

They are spot and personally that's the way I'd go. Your headlights will provide enough flood if your just using them for regular driving.

Contact RSIWORKS to give you FRF pricing. We offer both KC and Rigid but personally I'd do KC.
Dollar to lumens KC wins in my book.

Now if your looking for some off road lighting as well maybe a 20" in the stock bumper or a 30"-40" behind the grill.

JMO

OP
OP
M

MikeHem510

Reaction score
That is exactly what im talking about i wonder if there are any pics of them installed??? In the dark to see the brightness and what not

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about Lightforce! #1 off road light in Australia for a reason! Not putting down the others, I have rigid LED bar on my truck.

But on the RV I have a set of the big Lightforce halogens for those dark back roads. For pure power and price they are hard to beat. Leds look cool but I have yet to see one compare to the big light forces.

--John

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lightforce has the 9" 50W HIDs which are beasts. You can get a KC, Ford Racing or NFab light bar and fit 4 of those bad boys on the front. 2 spots and 2 driving beams.

I have four of the 8" KC HIDs (driving beams) on my KC bar but they're only 35W HIDs. Just two of them on overpower my stock HID headlights. When I turn all four of them on, they're insane. I can't even imagine what the 50W would look like.