kc hilites install help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I cut the harness coming out of the light and leave the extra harness with the relay out of it?

Cut the harness coming out of the light bar and use one to hook up for ground and one to hook up to the pass thru?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need to add a second relay, if you are using the up fitter switches they are fused and relayed. So cut as close to the end away from the light as you can

OP
OP
bakkbakk

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw this thread.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/30-kc-hilites-led-upper-grille-install-no-brackets-25682/

Looks like he kept the harness from the light intact, used the water tight connection, and then cut the wiring before it went into the relay.

Im 100% sure that's what you just said so thank you. Correct me if Im wrong(soon :) )
Ill be out in the garage installing this thing and ill check before I cut.

Makes sense to keep the connection between the 2 harnesses. water tight, can take the light out quickly if you want, probably will help with warranty if needed? I duno.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw this thread.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/30-kc-hilites-led-upper-grille-install-no-brackets-25682/

Looks like he kept the harness from the light intact, used the water tight connection, and then cut the wiring before it went into the relay.

Im 100% sure that's what you just said so thank you. Correct me if Im wrong(soon :) )
Ill be out in the garage installing this thing and ill check before I cut.

Makes sense to keep the connection between the 2 harnesses. water tight, can take the light out quickly if you want, probably will help with warranty if needed? I duno.

Yes leave the WT connection alone

TKF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the light doesn't fit? its a 40, using rigid brackets as I was told.

Someone quick help?

Seeing this was 2 hours ago but no response so hopefully u got it sorted.. Just incase, When I installed my 40" with rigid brackets I loosened the bump stops from the front too then when everything was hand tight got the front tightened up and secured the light bracket. It wouldn't fit unless the front of the bumps was loose.

OP
OP
bakkbakk

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing this was 2 hours ago but no response so hopefully u got it sorted.. Just incase, When I installed my 40" with rigid brackets I loosened the bump stops from the front too then when everything was hand tight got the front tightened up and secured the light bracket. It wouldn't fit unless the front of the bumps was loose.

Thanks. Yeah I got it, instead of loosening it I jammed it. Hadnt read this at the time.