KC HiLites blowing fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ran the wire up through the left side of the radiator behind the battery. I just re-did all the connections again. Sprayed QD Electronic Cleaner on the connectors. and replaced the 10A fuse with a low profile mini 10A fuse. They are working again. Turned them on and off and then on and let them stay on. We will see how they hold up this time.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just dealt with a few electrical issues. Turned out to be water corrosion in relay switches, and then a short in my power wire.

Biggest lesson I learned about messing with the Aux switches is the circuits are INCREDIBLY SIMPLE, and typically the issue is right in front of you lol. If you have any experience with a multimeter, you can test for power or continuity in various parts of the wire and can usually narrow down the possible faults.

With that being said, blowing fuses definitely sounds like a short. Good luck buddy!