KC HiLites blowing fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magnum

Reaction score
I have had the LED LZR cube bumper lights for a little over a year now and really liked the light they put out. They are wired to Aux switch 4. I flipped them on last weekend and nothing. I checked and found a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse and it blew it again. I checked all the connections and ground and everything was good to go. I tried one more fuse and it blew too. I have pulled the lights off and the wiring harness out to check to see if it was cut or pinched but it is all good. Any ideas out there or has anybody else had a similar problem?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had the LED LZR cube bumper lights for a little over a year now and really liked the light they put out. They are wired to Aux switch 4. I flipped them on last weekend and nothing. I checked and found a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse and it blew it again. I checked all the connections and ground and everything was good to go. I tried one more fuse and it blew too. I have pulled the lights off and the wiring harness out to check to see if it was cut or pinched but it is all good. Any ideas out there or has anybody else had a similar problem?

PM me your info and I will get with KC tomorrow and have them get in touch with you and help trouble shoot the problem. Sound good?

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re-check your wiring (or the pass-through wiring perhaps?), there's a reason why the fuse keeps blowing - gotta be a short to ground or something going on there...

just Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same setup, and had the same issue. My cable slipped loose on one light and shorted. Try re-seating your connections, and double check your ground.

OP
OP
Magnum

Magnum

Reaction score
I have the same setup, and had the same issue. My cable slipped loose on one light and shorted. Try re-seating your connections, and double check your ground.

Thanks I'll try that this weekend. Everything else checks out ok.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a issue with my pass thru hook up. that wire is so short and hard to reach i had a tough time keeping it connected

OP
OP
Magnum

Magnum

Reaction score
One of the connectors had backed out and was causing it to blow the fuse. I screwed the connector up being pissed off when I removed them. I contacted KC and got a new wiring harness. Finally got around to putting everything back on yesterday while the weather was nice. Everything works great again.

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my 3" C-SERIES C3 LED BUMPER LIGHT PAIR PACK SYSTEM. They have been installed and working for 3 years. I have the wires soldered. I had a good ground. One day they just didnt work. I checked the fuse and it was blown. i rechecked all connections. One plug had yellow corrosion on the connectors. I cleaned it off and re-connected. worked for a minute then fuse blew. I have mine connected to switch 4 as well with a 15A Fuse. I hope KC will help me out because i dont have box anymore and They were given to me as a Christmas gift.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my 3" C-SERIES C3 LED BUMPER LIGHT PAIR PACK SYSTEM. They have been installed and working for 3 years. I have the wires soldered. I had a good ground. One day they just didnt work. I checked the fuse and it was blown. i rechecked all connections. One plug had yellow corrosion on the connectors. I cleaned it off and re-connected. worked for a minute then fuse blew. I have mine connected to switch 4 as well with a 15A Fuse. I hope KC will help me out because i dont have box anymore and They were given to me as a Christmas gift.
How did you run the power to the lights? Through the frame?
You may have a short in the positive wire.

I did, mine lasted about three years as well.

Vote for your favorite pic
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f18/january-2017-calendar-vote-46906/
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com