KC Flex 40" curved option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried using the chat feature on the KC web site but only got a conversation with myself.

Anyone know if KC is actually working a 40" option? better yet a curved 40" option?

I would love to get a detailed view of the back bar to see if it can simply be bent into a gentle radius. Enough to fit a Rogue set-up.

I sure would like for KC to at least try.

In the event KC never produces one. Does anyone know of a better curved 40" other than the Chi Coms version they sell included with their bumpers? Great bumper, ****** lights.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried using the chat feature on the KC web site but only got a conversation with myself.

Anyone know if KC is actually working a 40" option? better yet a curved 40" option?

I would love to get a detailed view of the back bar to see if it can simply be bent into a gentle radius. Enough to fit a Rogue set-up.

I sure would like for KC to at least try.

In the event KC never produces one. Does anyone know of a better curved 40" other than the Chi Coms version they sell included with their bumpers? Great bumper, ****** lights.

They do have the ability to make a 40". Check my pics on the "what did you to to" thread. I'm not sure how they could do a radius, though.

OP
OP
L

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do have the ability to make a 40". Check my pics on the "what did you to to" thread. I'm not sure how they could do a radius, though.
You have the same bumper as me. I have the Throttle as well but have a dual 40" option. It looks like you put a standard straight 40" flex in what would be my bottom mount. Any extra engineering or did it just bolt right up to the standard Rogue tabs? I guess I could keep my top radius combo and just replace the bottom one for now. would love to have both match in a perfect world.

Did you see much difference from the Rogue 40 to the KC Flex 10w 40"?

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

I would probably set it up all 40" of spot. if I leave the top Rogue combo light, I got plenty flood. Then move my Rigid XL Hyper spots out from behind the grille and hood mount them. I might get the light I'm looking for.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

got a reply back from Bard at KC just now... HELL YA

"Brad Myers (KC HiLiTES)
Jul 15, 17:34
Dan,
Testing is in process of the 40" FLEX light bar and we are working on a curved type version. Hope to have this strait one available in the next few weeks and the curved in 90 days or less.
Let me know if you have any more questions
Brad

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have the same bumper as me. I have the Throttle as well but have a dual 40" option. It looks like you put a standard straight 40" flex in what would be my bottom mount. Any extra engineering or did it just bolt right up to the standard Rogue tabs? I guess I could keep my top radius combo and just replace the bottom one for now. would love to have both match in a perfect world.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

I would probably set it up all 40" of spot. if I leave the top Rogue combo light, I got plenty flood. Then move my Rigid XL Hyper spots out from behind the grille and hood mount them. I might get the light I'm looking for.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

"Brad Myers (KC HiLiTES)
Dan,
Testing is in process of the 40" FLEX light bar and we are working on a curved type version. Hope to have this strait one available in the next few weeks and the curved in 90 days or less.
Brad

I had the dual Rogue 40" radius but after TRR removed them. They tested the worst for output. Anyway, the Flex will straight up destroy the Rogue's I had. I don't know about the others. I just opted for the one flex bar. It is super bright. I can't imagine needing anything more.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score

"Brad Myers (KC HiLiTES)
Dan,
Brad

I'm happy to hear that since I'm seriously considering changing all my lights from Rigid to KC's. That was one of the main things that was holding me back because I need a radius bar for mt front bumper. I was going to go with Baja's instead of KC because of the radius bar issue but now I don't have to.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
The Flex is modular, so you can have anything from 10" to 50" (they are 10" segments). Based on the way they are made now, there is not a way to do a radius bar. As far as the Rogue bar vs Flex, take a look at the test data I collected at TRR 2015: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/lighting-shootout-results-trr-2015-a-42166/

There are some pics in my install thread of the Flex, based on the way that it is made, they could not be bent into a radius bar.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/kc-hilites-flex-led-install-41816/

OP
OP
L

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Flex is modular, so you can have anything from 10" to 50" (they are 10" segments). Based on the way they are made now, there is not a way to do a radius bar. As far as the Rogue bar vs Flex, take a look at the test data I collected at TRR 2015: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/lighting-shootout-results-trr-2015-a-42166/

There are some pics in my install thread of the Flex, based on the way that it is made, they could not be bent into a radius bar.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/kc-hilites-flex-led-install-41816/
In my post earlier, KC just replied to my question and said they are working on a radius version due out in the next 3 months.