KC C3 vs LZR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeHem510

Reaction score
Was wondering the major difference in these sets of lights?? Other then the price of course. I was looking at the c3 which is a lower price point but i dont want to cheap out and be disappointed with the product. IF there are some pictures of either or both of these installed would be great!! Thanks

KC HiLiTES

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Was wondering the major difference in these sets of lights?? Other then the price of course. I was looking at the c3 which is a lower price point but i dont want to cheap out and be disappointed with the product. IF there are some pictures of either or both of these installed would be great!! Thanks

@MikeHem510 there are a few differences here to be told. We all know that the standard for LED light color is being more white in the 6000k range. The C3 will have this color temperature where as the LZR will lean toward the 4500-5000k range. We prefer the warmer temperature as it is easier n the eyes off road and produces less reflection back to the driver. Output is the next difference with the C3 being 12w (4320LM Kit) and the LZR being 20w (10,400LM Kit). Will you be disappointed in the C3, we highly doubt it as they perform well (we do not sugar coat the lumen count) and ultimately for the price you are getting an excellent light at a great value. The LZR is going to cost a bit more, but again the value is their in relation. Below is a link to a great write-up for you to review on the LZR Raptor system. The LZR is only offered in a driving pattern, although it truly has plenty of distance and fill for this position on the truck. The C3 is offered in the spot pattern, although your KC dealer can order with other combinations if you choose. Many have stated they do not mind this spot option because there are (4) lights so you get plenty of width and the stock head lights are really good on the Raptor so they cover the shorter fill. It leaves you with some options to choose based on your needs and budget.

LZR Write up with pictures:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/kc-lzr-led-dual-cube-install-24260/

Let us know if you have any other questions, glad to assist in any way.

KC

OP
OP
M

MikeHem510

Reaction score
@KC HiLiTES I was wondering a couple more questions what the warranty on the C3's is? Do you have the colored light covers that can go on over top of the white to make them amber or yellow? Thanks

Im close to making my decision and will be purchasing this week thanks

KC HiLiTES

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@KC HiLiTES I was wondering a couple more questions what the warranty on the C3's is? Do you have the colored light covers that can go on over top of the white to make them amber or yellow? Thanks

Im close to making my decision and will be purchasing this week thanks

Our warranty is 23 years to the original purchaser for all KC products. Good thing is we have almost out lived the warranty we offer twice being in business for 45 years now.

We have amber or black out covers available currently.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427035223.353756.jpg

Hope this all helps!

KC

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@MikeHem510 there are a few differences here to be told. We all know that the standard for LED light color is being more white in the 6000k range. The C3 will have this color temperature where as the LZR will lean toward the 4500-5000k range. We prefer the warmer temperature as it is easier n the eyes off road and produces less reflection back to the driver. Output is the next difference with the C3 being 12w (4320LM Kit) and the LZR being 20w (10,400LM Kit). Will you be disappointed in the C3, we highly doubt it as they perform well (we do not sugar coat the lumen count) and ultimately for the price you are getting an excellent light at a great value. The LZR is going to cost a bit more, but again the value is their in relation. Below is a link to a great write-up for you to review on the LZR Raptor system. The LZR is only offered in a driving pattern, although it truly has plenty of distance and fill for this position on the truck. The C3 is offered in the spot pattern, although your KC dealer can order with other combinations if you choose. Many have stated they do not mind this spot option because there are (4) lights so you get plenty of width and the stock head lights are really good on the Raptor so they cover the shorter fill. It leaves you with some options to choose based on your needs and budget.

LZR Write up with pictures:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/kc-lzr-led-dual-cube-install-24260/

Let us know if you have any other questions, glad to assist in any way.

KC

I have a set of the KC's on the truck now for about 8 months and really like them as well as the color but one of the 4 lights are fogging up with moisture in it.

KC HiLiTES

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a set of the KC's on the truck now for about 8 months and really like them as well as the color but one of the 4 lights are fogging up with moisture in it.

Glad to take care of that for you, call into the main number (928) 635-2607 and speak with Mark. He will get you handled, he will have an email letting him know in advance.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to take care of that for you, call into the main number (928) 635-2607 and speak with Mark. He will get you handled, he will have an email letting him know in advance.

Nice of you. I bought my 2013 with 7,000 miles on it and the lights were in the box sitting on the back floor. So when I installed them they were new still in the box but I was not the original buyer. I don't want to miss lead you but would be happy to have you warranty it. Your call.

Still love the lights. I purchased a set of the Amber covers and run one Amber and one clear on each side...

Thanks,

KC HiLiTES

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice of you. I bought my 2013 with 7,000 miles on it and the lights were in the box sitting on the back floor. So when I installed them they were new still in the box but I was not the original buyer. I don't want to miss lead you but would be happy to have you warranty it. Your call.

Still love the lights. I purchased a set of the Amber covers and run one Amber and one clear on each side...

Thanks,

Your honestly is appreciate but bottom line it will be taken care of, especially being that short lived. All good! [emoji106]

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice and much appreciated. Will call Mark tomorrow.

Thanks