Just installed a Rigid 20", photos/video of light output

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed a Rigid 20” E-series LED lightbar on my Raptor so I thought I'd post a little review. In short, this lightbar is awesome. It fits the lower grill of the truck like it was made for it. The lightbar is really bright and has a huge "sweet spot" which completely drowns out the OEM headlights. To my eyes, it seems at least as bright a four 100 watt Lightforce 170's. The Lightforces were nice on my Jeep, but they did vibrate some off road and the focused area of light was much smaller compared to the LED’s. There is no vibration at all with the Rigid 20". I think $675 for the Rigid kit isn't too bad considering other lighting options which put out as much light would probably cost as much once the mounting hardware is factored in. All things considered, I'm very happy.

Here are some crappy photos which I took just as it was getting dark:
RigidRaptorlights004.jpg

RigidRaptorlights010.jpg

RigidRaptorlights017.jpg

I was able to get some beamshots the other night. My cheap camera isn't very good with night time photos. The LED's brightness messed with my camera's auto adjustments; as a result, the true brightness of the LED (especially on the sides of the road) isn't captured very well in my pic's.

Here's just the headlights:
Rigidbeamshots001.jpg

Here's the LED with the headlights:
Rigidbeamshots003.jpg

I also took a video driving around my home while turning the LED on/off to show the comparison of the LED vs. the high-beams (IT'S THE SAME VIDEO, I'M NOT SURE WHY IT POSTED TWICE).

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I was able to install the light and mounting bracket without removing the "bumperettes". There was plenty of room to drill and notch them while leaving them in place.

OP
OP
M

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures, Matt! Hope the wait was worth it =)
Definitely worth the wait. You were great to deal with. To everyone, James @ Alternative Offfroad typically returns emails the second you hit "send". Refreshing compared to some other companies.

OP
OP
M

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score

GvegasRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely worth the wait. You were great to deal with. To everyone, James @ Alternative Offfroad typically returns emails the second you hit "send". Refreshing compared to some other companies.

James is awesome to deal with I got my lights from him and he runs a first class operation!