Just a Heads Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe some pics would have helped to show the damage. I know that the lights alone will cause damage to the bumper, and even to the lights, especially if you hit the trails. Adding a goofy piece of plastic, around them, will just compound the problem. Just my $.02.

This is what happened to mine:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
B

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO this thread was pointless unless you tell us the vendor. Also dont think of it as bashing the vendor, just trying to help improve there product.

I'm not sure how more clear I could have been by putting their name in capital letters, which I did. I think their name is too generic!

See attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 96

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime hard plastic is in contact with a painted metal surface it will most certainly take the paint off.
If you didn't remove the shrouds you probably wouldn't have noticed it until it started rusting.
It's a good warning for potential buyers. Just touch it up with some Ford Sterling Grey.

OP
OP
B

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe some pics would have helped to show the damage. I know that the lights alone will cause damage to the bumper, and even to the lights, especially if you hit the trails. Adding a goofy piece of plastic, around them, will just compound the problem. Just my $.02.

This is what happened to mine:

That sucks. Sorry to see. Lesson learned.

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think he is talking about the m&r crap

I don't think he is talking about us. If you have any concerns about our products I would love for you to call me and talk to me about it. If not then please don't spread negativity against us on this forum because we are legit and take care of our customers.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think he is talking about us. If you have any concerns about our products I would love for you to call me and talk to me about it. If not then please don't spread negativity against us on this forum because we are legit and take care of our customers.

Your fog lights are fuggly and crap, and yes I can say this, no this isn't in your vendor subforum so.....

D

Deleted member 12951

Your fog lights are fuggly and crap, and yes I can say this, no this isn't in your vendor subforum so.....

True inside a vendors own paid section is bad mojo to talk crap about a vendor but outside of it tends to be fair game. I have no personal experience with M&R but even though sometimes we see issues with his product here, he seems to always take care of it and he does get positive feedback. Granted I hate having to remove lights to send back and remount and after awhile it gets old real quick. I have now vowed to buy high quality as there is a difference. Once you have some cheap stuff, you learn.

Last time I said any negativity towards a vendor here (Rigid is more crap than anyone), @Madcowranch called me Debby Downer. Where is Rich on this....