Interior lights not turning on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP72SS

Reaction score
First off a little background.
2014 SE with all interior lights, puddle and license plate switched to LEDs

Here is my issue, any help is appreciated.

I am able to open any door and interior lights will come on. However, once I close se the door they turn off and I am not able to turn on the map light or the dome light. Also the garage door opener in the sun visor does not work as well.

Fuse? Or something else? I have heard that maybe the door switch/ sensor may be stuck and to spray some wd40 etc in it to loosen it up.

Also is light issues connected to visor garage door issues or separate issues?

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it just start after switching over to led lights or was it working fine before? Can you turn the LED lights on with the switch and just not dead with the doors closed? Have you done any wiring modification on the vehicle besides the LED lighting and clothing splicing wires for add-on lights?

OP
OP
C

CP72SS

Reaction score
It did work previously, I just noticed I have one bulb not working
I'll replace that and check it out again. Yes I installed sim d series's rigids but they were hooked to an aux switch.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It did work previously, I just noticed I have one bulb not working
I'll replace that and check it out again. Yes I installed sim d series's rigids but they were hooked to an aux switch.
Was the power spliced into another wire or did you use the factory supplied power wire?

1FastSUV

Reaction score
Did you ever solve your dome light issue? I tried the LED dome lights as well and now have the passenger dome light only, garage door opener, and rear sliding window all not working. The driver's side dome light and moonroof all work fine.

Any suggestions?

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever solve your dome light issue? I tried the LED dome lights as well and now have the passenger dome light only, garage door opener, and rear sliding window all not working. The driver's side dome light and moonroof all work fine.

Any suggestions?

Double check your connections, and maybe swap your dome lights from driver to passenger side to see if the problem follows that particular bulb.