Install: Baja Designs Squadron XLs on Alternative hood mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
It is the stock bracket flipped 180 degrees with some of the tabs on the back cut off. I got the idea from Trey.

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the Light Cannons with amber Euro covers & brackets from James @ Alternative in Nov., then bought the Baja Squadron fog kit from him for Christmas. Both are extremely bright. To be honest, though, i find the euro covers virtually useless. They diffuse the light way too much for my taste. I need to just order the clear covers for protection and use them as long range spots.

I'd like to see them compared to some Light Cannons too. Just a guess, but I think the Squadron-XL will put out more overall light, but the Light Cannon's larger single reflector will project a little farther, albeit a more narrow beam.

You are spot on (no pun intended) with this. I have the driving lenses on the Squadrons and they put out more overall light, but they spread it out over a very large area (which is exactly what I wanted them to do). The Cannons put out a very tight beam that reaches WAY downrange with very little diffusion.

I considered putting the Baja OnX 8" bar with the high-speed spot lense on the hood mounts, but decided to try the Cannons first. I'd still like to see the difference between the 2 before I spent the extra $$$ on the OnX. The Cannons are awesome!

Would they also fit in the fog light opening?

I don't think the Squandron XL's will, but the Squadron's fit nicely. IIRC, both the Squadron & Squadron XL put out 4300 lumens each, so it doesn't seem like you would lose anything by going with the smaller light. I know I love mine!

Attachments

• LED lights front.jpg
    LED lights front.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Baja Squadron Fogs front.jpg
    Baja Squadron Fogs front.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Baja Squadron Fogs side.jpg
    Baja Squadron Fogs side.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I don't think the Squandron XL's will, but the Squadron's fit nicely. IIRC, both the Squadron & Squadron XL put out 4300 lumens each, so it doesn't seem like you would lose anything by going with the smaller light. I know I love mine!
There is a significant size difference between the two. I don't think there is anyway the XLs would fit in the bumper opening. The XLs larger size also allows for a more efficient lens than that of the smaller Squadron. I will try and get some comparison photos between the XLs and the Light Canons at TRR.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great install, write-up and pics Will - thanks for taking the time to do this while you were doing your installation.

This is what makes this a great forum :winner_second_h4h:

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice write up, thanks for sharing!

I'd like to see them compared to some Light Cannons too. Just a guess, but I think the Squadron-XL will put out more overall light, but the Light Cannon's larger single reflector will project a little farther, albeit a more narrow beam.

Also, I'm realizing that I must be really OCD because I could never have three different brand lights on my truck... at least not if they were all visible at the same time. I may have a problem though.

OCD here with different lights. I'm going for the "perfect storm" of light output so the mix doesnt bother me.