Infinite Reality's LED Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z TEAM RACING II

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay have a question that is probably gonna make me sound dumb but let's give it a shot. I have a 012 raptor and it's got the standard factory halogens on it. Now I'm looking to buy some of the LED recons for the tail and buying the 2014 HID headlights for the front. Now I read that simply taking off and mounting on the headlights won't do it so what exactly do I have to do. Sorry for the nooby question but I'd rather ask y'all then look stupid on paying over 1k for lights I can't use

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Okay have a question that is probably gonna make me sound dumb but let's give it a shot. I have a 012 raptor and it's got the standard factory halogens on it. Now I'm looking to buy some of the LED recons for the tail and buying the 2014 HID headlights for the front. Now I read that simply taking off and mounting on the headlights won't do it so what exactly do I have to do. Sorry for the nooby question but I'd rather ask y'all then look stupid on paying over 1k for lights I can't use

@raptorretrofit I believe sells a wiring harness so it's plug and play into the 2013+ projector headlights. You can also search on threads I started back in 2013 for an alternative way to install 2013+ projector headlights for $350 without cracking open the headlight even.

EDIT:
Here's the link
www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/2013-stock-black-hids-$350-retrofit-21015/

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll second that those are great. I just picked some up on Amazon.com
JDM ASTAR 800 lumens Extremely Bright Error Free 921 912 PX Chipsets LED Bulbs For Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White

I'll update with pictures when I get off work.

Deckmaster

Since my end-of-day parking involves backing up to fence, I was really getting tired of the dim reverse lights on my Raptor. So, I did a quick search of the forum and found these comments on the JDM ASTAR brand. I'm sure there are better and I probably should have bought from a vendor here, but I just needed something quickly, so I went to Amazon:
JDM ASTAR Auto LED Bulbs,LED Headlight,Fog Lamps & Turn Signal Brake Tail Light
They were a bit more expensive ($30), but I liked the lenses to focus the light and they are 950 Lumens. OK, and they looked cool too.
Installation was easy, just be careful twisting the bulb holder back in, the plastic is a bit thin. Since I installed these during the day, I only have daylight pictures of before and after, but I think you'll get the idea. The light is actually blindingly bright.

Attachments

• Reverse_Before1.jpg
    Reverse_Before1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Reverse_After1.jpg
    Reverse_After1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 38

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since my end-of-day parking involves backing up to fence, I was really getting tired of the dim reverse lights on my Raptor. So, I did a quick search of the forum and found these comments on the JDM ASTAR brand. I'm sure there are better and I probably should have bought from a vendor here, but I just needed something quickly, so I went to Amazon:
They were a bit more expensive ($30), but I liked the lenses to focus the light and they are 950 Lumens. OK, and they looked cool too.
Installation was easy, just be careful twisting the bulb holder back in, the plastic is a bit thin. Since I installed these during the day, I only have daylight pictures of before and after, but I think you'll get the idea. The light is actually blindingly bright.

I am looking at these too. No errors on 2014 model year truck?

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it looked through the backup camera at night. Hot spots etc.

Here's a picture of my fence with the backup lights. I plan on replacing the fence soon, so no jokes there.
I expected to see some hot spots due to the lenses, but the distribution seems pretty even. There seems to be a dark area at the bottom of the fence door. This could be from the lenses, as it appears circular. But there are side LEDs as can be seen in the camera, so the light pattern is wide as allowed by the rear housing.
I will try to get a backup camera picture tonight.

Attachments

• Fence.jpg
    Fence.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 50

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey for what it's worth, we actually have our own brand of LED Replacement bulbs (CrystaLux) so if anybody is looking for a quality LED replacement bulb check out our line:

LED Replacement Bulbs - Page 1 - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

We still have to photograph all of the available bulb types, but we're working in it. We brought the line to market when we got tired of certain name brands charging an arm and a leg for bulbs. While not as cheap as some ebay bulbs/etc... you do get a quality product with a great warranty and a brand brought to you by a supporting vendor.

We sourced the best lights we could find and offer some really great lumen options ranging from 400 lumen to 900 lumen.

The most popular are obviously our 921 CL90 bulbs for the 2014 and earlier reverse (921 is the bulb size, CL90 is our model for a 900 lumen bulb).

We have all of the popular bulb sizes in all of the popular colors/lumen ratings.

Check them out. We don't advertise too much on here with the replacement bulbs but wanted to let you all know. This isn't some brand we're reselling, it's actually our own house brand so we control everything from the chips going into the bulbs down to the packaging.

Forum members get 10% off as well using coupon code RAPTORFORUM

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This set doesn't work on my truck (2014) :facepalm: but the 800 lumens set works.