Infinite Reality's LED Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted on how it works out. Some Raptors work with resistors, some don't. No one actually knows why. I'm one that can only run front signal LEDs with no resistors. I can not run tail light LED replacement bulbs with or without resistors, swapping front LEDs to stock, Spyder LEDs (have resistors built in), extra resistors, extra resistors with the Spyder LED tails, etc, etc, etc. I tried every combo as well as different resistor sizes, both in series or parallel. Only thing I never did was something Birdman suggested, wire up a box with sockets and bulbs and that those ran parallel off the stock wiring.

I ended up having hyperflash on the passenger side with the turn signals using 6 ohm resistors. I was told by the company to try putting two resistors on the one bulb and I still got hyperflash. I was able to get the four taillight bulbs to work, with one resistor per bulb, for two days and then I had hyperflash issues from a bad resistor. I ended up going back to all halogen bulbs from the front turn signals and taillight bulbs. I don't want to chase resistors and problems around all the time so I'm returning them since its been less than 30 days. I did get their map lights, reverse lights, license plate lights and dome light and they work great.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I ended up having hyperflash on the passenger side with the turn signals using 6 ohm resistors. I was told by the company to try putting two resistors on the one bulb and I still got hyperflash. I was able to get the four taillight bulbs to work, with one resistor per bulb, for two days and then I had hyperflash issues from a bad resistor. I ended up going back to all halogen bulbs from the front turn signals and taillight bulbs. I don't want to chase resistors and problems around all the time so I'm returning them since its been less than 30 days. I did get their map lights, reverse lights, license plate lights and dome light and they work great.

Appreciate the update. Our trucks are weird when it comes to resistance for sure

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the update. Our trucks are weird when it comes to resistance for sure

I bought some new headlights from the lighting firm and the resistors on the taillights were back feeding the switchbacks on the new headlights. It caused both turn signals and marker lights to flash on the front of the truck only when I used the passenger side turn signal. I was freaking out for awhile as I had all kinds of stuff blinking and hyperflashing. Its so odd how one truck works, others some things work and then even others nothing works.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I bought some new headlights from the lighting firm and the resistors on the taillights were back feeding the switchbacks on the new headlights. It caused both turn signals and marker lights to flash on the front of the truck only when I used the passenger side turn signal. I was freaking out for awhile as I had all kinds of stuff blinking and hyperflashing. Its so odd how one truck works, others some things work and then even others nothing works.

I wished Ford would have just used a typical flasher instead of being in the computer. Good part is the new 17 Raptor should be all LED already so will be no issues, lol

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wished Ford would have just used a typical flasher instead of being in the computer. Good part is the new 17 Raptor should be all LED already so will be no issues, lol

Very true; I couldn't believe all of the weird stuff I was getting to flash with the resistors. What I don't get is how one truck can be so different then the other. Just another reason to upgrade in a few years!

Alex Millsap

Reaction score
Help!

Man I thought I was gonna order some SMD2 tag lights and just slap em on, but the damn sockets broke! So after an adventure o the dealership I've got new sockets now but I can't get the old ones off! Anyone have any idea how to disconnect the sockets and lens cover from the truck's connector? Thanks for any help, I'm new here!

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Just tossed in some 5630 LED #74 bulbs in my visors. Replaced the OP ones. Brighter and more white than what I've had for past 2yrs.

I never use them and forgot about them but bought some for a buddy new Cherokee and got extras to try out. From China but worth it compared to old ones.

Attachments

• 20150524_013927.jpg
    20150524_013927.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 20150524_014112_HDR.jpg
    20150524_014112_HDR.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 108

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed these for the front turn signals from amazon:

JDM ASTAR AX-2835 Chipsets 3056 3156 3157 4157 LED Bulbs for Turn Signal,Amber Yellow

I originally had the hyper flash. Then on my way home for work it mysteriously stopped. So far so good. Anyone else have this happen?

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Infinite, running the recommended bulbs from the get go and have one of my map lights that flickers.....any ideas?