Infinite Reality's LED Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I must have missed your questions last night. I'll update the original post, thanks for the info. I believe you're right they're same as SCabs.

Crap, I'm sorry I miss read it... Damn, I guess 9w is the ones I got for cargo. I'll fix post.

On a side note, I just found some 25w...yes 25w reverse lights. I just ordered, so will post results soon for cargo and reverse, I think they're shorter than these others and if it's actually 25w worth of light I'll get another set. May have to wait for some pictures, I think the 25w bulbs should be 10x better and about same price too. :)

I'll get some video of the LED tails vs stock, also try for some pictures too.

Dude, stop teasing us. I've waited a year for brighter reverse lights. C'mon!!

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anybody know what the stock bulbs are rated for? Only thing I'd be concerned about is going too high of a wattage and starting to melt plastic or wires if the draw is too much.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anybody know what the stock bulbs are rated for? Only thing I'd be concerned about is going too high of a wattage and starting to melt plastic or wires if the draw is too much.

LED lights are much cooler than halogen. I don't think you have much to worry about

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LED lights are much cooler than halogen. I don't think you have much to worry about

That's because they're typically much lower wattage. Once you start cranking that back up though, you're going to get more heat again. Most headlights are 35w low beams, a LED drawing 25w in that tiny reverse light housing, I'd just be cautious.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

That's because they're typically much lower wattage. Once you start cranking that back up though, you're going to get more heat again. Most headlights are 35w low beams, a LED drawing 25w in that tiny reverse light housing, I'd just be cautious.

Well, to answer your first question... They're 18 watts. Hope that helps

Just food for thought, I don't think LEDs are cooler than halogens because of the wattage. I know that 90% of energy in halogen is producing heat, while LED is not nearly that much. With that said, LEDs are much more efficient than halogens. That's why they are cooler

Last edited:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be too worried about the housing with LED's, but i wonder what the wires used are good up to.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Well, to answer your first question... They're 18 watts. Hope that helps

Just food for thought, I don't think LEDs are cooler than halogens because of the wattage. I know that 90% of energy in halogen is producing heat, while LED is not nearly that much. With that said, LEDs are much more efficient than halogens. That's why they are cooler

I wouldn't be too worried about the housing with LED's, but i wonder what the wires used are good up to.

I agree, less head due to them. It is a good point though, I should measure the size of wire and see what it's rated for too. For reverse lights on a Ford, they only come on when in reverse which isn't all that long. I think you'd be good, but I'll look into it and test the wire when I install them before putting the tails back in.....just to be safe. :)