Infinite Reality's LED Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maxx2893:
Reptar:
1 - got red because from years of dealing with LEDs, if you have a red lense then red is the way to go. White LEDs wouldn't appear as "red" as you'd hope, by having red LEDs it just adds more depth to the light.

2 - That auction actually is for 3 different bulbs, you want the one like I posted... Has 4x 1.5w LEDs on sides plus a 7w LED facing rear

3 - I'll test them this weekend and see if they fit. I think they're 0.3" longer, which doesn't appear to fit in there visually BUT I saw another thread and I think they may barely fit. The 13w barely fit in cargo lights too. :) If they fit, I'll be ordering another pair of them to swap out.

Interesting, if you can get a video of the tails with the flashers on, with 1 side stock and 1 side red LEDs, to see the difference, that'd be a huge help!

For the auction, I don't see where it says a 7w facing the rear, I see it says "1 * 3w Cree + 4 * 1.5w Plasma", where is the one that says 7W facing the rear?

Can't wait to hear on the reverse lights, I need an upgrade to match my rigid flush mount LED bumper lights on the back.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Good work man. You should be raptor owner of the month. Now, all I'm waiting for is the projection shots of the reverse lights and 13w in the reverse lights.

Haha, just sharing what I can and helping the forum.

Those will come soon, just need to find a dark place to get pictures at. Too many street lights in my neighborhood.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you have to get the load resistors for anything?

No load resistors for the front amber blinkers...was told there is not enough drop in current to cause the hyper flash...although...there are no guarantees...I have researched and purchased LED for the tails...due to the colored housing I did not notice any real difference over the stock bulbs vs. the LEDs and yes you will need resistors or so e module to go LEDs in your tails...

This is a GREAT write up and will save a lot of time and money for folks...Thanks for the thread....

Fred

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
No load resistors for the front amber blinkers...was told there is not enough drop in current to cause the hyper flash...although...there are no guarantees...I have researched and purchased LED for the tails...due to the colored housing I did not notice any real difference over the stock bulbs vs. the LEDs and yes you will need resistors or so e module to go LEDs in your tails...

This is a GREAT write up and will save a lot of time and money for folks...Thanks for the thread....

Fred

Thanks for chiming in with that info!!

Anyone know how many dome lights are in a SCrew?

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

subscribed....great thread and i will make it a sticky.

sweet!!!

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know how many dome lights are in a SCrew?

See my earlier response with that info:

Oh and update your 1st post with this info: The moon-roof screws have a single bulb rear dome light. The non-moon-roof screws have a 3 bulb rear dome light. I'd assume the same is for scabs, but pretty easy to verify if a few guys can post up.

Also a couple other questions for ya!

Interesting, if you can get a video of the tails with the flashers on, with 1 side stock and 1 side red LEDs, to see the difference, that'd be a huge help!

For the auction, I don't see where it says a 7w facing the rear, I see it says "1 * 3w Cree + 4 * 1.5w Plasma", where is the one that says 7W facing the rear?

Can't wait to hear on the reverse lights, I need an upgrade to match my rigid flush mount LED bumper lights on the back.

:cheers:

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
See my earlier response with that info:

Also a couple other questions for ya!

:cheers:

Sorry, I must have missed your questions last night. I'll update the original post, thanks for the info. I believe you're right they're same as SCabs.

Crap, I'm sorry I miss read it... Damn, I guess 9w is the ones I got for cargo. I'll fix post.

On a side note, I just found some 25w...yes 25w reverse lights. I just ordered, so will post results soon for cargo and reverse, I think they're shorter than these others and if it's actually 25w worth of light I'll get another set. May have to wait for some pictures, I think the 25w bulbs should be 10x better and about same price too. :)

I'll get some video of the LED tails vs stock, also try for some pictures too.

Srock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been following the thread with interest since wasting money on reverse bulbs that did not perform as expected. Nice work and thanks for sharing.