I'm dreaming of a 44" Baja Designs OnX LED bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ordered the 30"/4 cell Onx lights today in a diffused/spot/spot/diffused confguration. Ordered amber lenses for all 4 sections as well as the clear lenses. Should have in a couple days. Can't wait.

Your ordered shipped out yesterday you'll have it tomorrow
Thanks
Mike
BD

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Looks like you got the mode switch you wanted to work also.

OP
OP
RaptorSteve

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's some video of the 44" OnX in action in the desert last week/end. As I said in another thread the grill really cuts down the amount of light the OnX throws out, but it's still quite bright.

My Movie - YouTube

A couple things to note about the video, light setup and environment. First, I'm not sure what causes the bright spot on the ground out in front of the truck. It's either caused by the reflection of light off a horizontal hood like piece of the grill or the natural reflective properties of the optics I have in the bar (some driving mostly spot).

As I drive through the wash you won't see a lot of far off objects. I think that's because most of the objects in this portion of the desert are low profile, i.e. small dirt mounds and plant life. If you skip right to the end (which you should do at some point because it's a long video) you'll see the spot beams against a hill in my camp. That will give you an idea of how I have the bar aimed.

Any feedback or suggestions for improvements to the lighting setup on my truck is much appreciated.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here's some video of the 44" OnX in action in the desert last week/end. As I said in another thread the grill really cuts down the amount of light the OnX throws out, but it's still quite bright.

My Movie - YouTube

A couple things to note about the video, light setup and environment. First, I'm not sure what causes the bright spot on the ground out in front of the truck. It's either caused by the reflection of light off a horizontal hood like piece of the grill or the natural reflective properties of the optics I have in the bar (some driving mostly spot).

As I drive through the wash you won't see a lot of far off objects. I think that's because most of the objects in this portion of the desert are low profile, i.e. small dirt mounds and plant life. If you skip right to the end (which you should do at some point because it's a long video) you'll see the spot beams against a hill in my camp. That will give you an idea of how I have the bar aimed.

Any feedback or suggestions for improvements to the lighting setup on my truck is much appreciated.

Hi Steve
The bar is aimed to low that is the cause of that hot spot very low, it should illuminate way out in the distance.
Looking nice though
Is the combo pattern enough width for you? If not let me know and we'll add some wide-driving for you
Thanks
Mike

OP
OP
RaptorSteve

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi Steve
The bar is aimed to low that is the cause of that hot spot very low, it should illuminate way out in the distance.
Looking nice though
Is the combo pattern enough width for you? If not let me know and we'll add some wide-driving for you
Thanks
Mike

Mike,

I thought someone might say that. However, if you look at the front of the bar in my truck relative to being perpendicular to the ground, It's actually aimed upward slightly. I'll try and point it more upwards and see what the result is.

And yeah, I'm not sure the setup is 100% dialed in yet. I'll definitely want to give the wide-driving a try.

How you doing on that 90 degree wire exit? :)

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mike,

I thought someone might say that. However, if you look at the front of the bar in my truck relative to being perpendicular to the ground, It's actually aimed upward slightly. I'll try and point it more upwards and see what the result is.

And yeah, I'm not sure the setup is 100% dialed in yet. I'll definitely want to give the wide-driving a try.

How you doing on that 90 degree wire exit? :)

Hey Steve
Yeah I had the project manager take a look at the video to get a second opinion and he suggested it as well.

Were getting there, our engineer is working on it haven't got a date yet
Thanks
Mike

onebadf150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what series of lenses does the wide driving pattern consist of? I'm in the market for a led light for my 2008 superduty and the Onx seems to have the most promise for me. I think the 30" or 37" would be ideal for my application but which lens setup would give me a large blanket of light with good distance?

thanks

nick