Illuminating the Bed - Project Underway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I really like this. Can you share links to some of the materials you purchased? I may be interested in building my own kit similar to yours. I could use some light under the BakFlip.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great job 2X! I apologize if already posted, but what gauge wire did you run from the front of the truck? I'm thinking of running my lights off AUX 4 as well as a switch in the bed...

Got my lights in today, now just need to find time to run some wires and mount these to the headliner in my A.R.E. shell. Thanks for the motivation!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
SPYC-2X

SPYC-2X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like this. Can you share links to some of the materials you purchased? I may be interested in building my own kit similar to yours. I could use some light under the BakFlip.

Sorry, Nick! Been out of pocket and will continue to be for the next few weeks (work travel). I would be happy to put together a complete parts/supplier list to share with everyone when things settle down a bit. Thanks again for the interest.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Great job 2X! I apologize if already posted, but what gauge wire did you run from the front of the truck? I'm thinking of running my lights off AUX 4 as well as a switch in the bed...

Got my lights in today, now just need to find time to run some wires and mount these to the headliner in my A.R.E. shell. Thanks for the motivation!

You, too DA - sorry for the delay. I jumped the number 9 fuse in the front, which sends constant power to the trailer hook-up. I then ran an 18 ga. wire a few feet down and tapped into the trailer wiring harness. I then hid it in the existing wire loom that runs from the tail lamps along the rear bumper for a clean install.

Hope this helps!

GMAN62465

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks awesome!!

I have 2 questions... What will be the price be for the kit and when will you start shipping them. :D:D

GMAN

OP
OP
SPYC-2X

SPYC-2X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks awesome!!

I have 2 questions... What will be the price be for the kit and when will you start shipping them. :D:D

GMAN

Sorry... you'll have to read the other thread. Just don't have the time to work out all the details for a kit version. Very much appreciate the vote of confidence, though!