Hyper Flash Problem....Really Weird!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? Having the same issues. Front 2 turn signals will not flash and am reading just 5VDC. Bulbs are good as well.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? Having the same issues. Front 2 turn signals will not flash and am reading just 5VDC. Bulbs are good as well.

Hi M3toSVT,

It sounds like you might try to track down this issue yourself, but keep in mind that you can always swing by your local Ford Dealership for assistance. How many miles are on your Raptor?

Crystal

OP
OP
Sano Dano

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did finally figure out what the problem was.......My issue was with the rear lights, made sure that I had good grounds for the resistors and while doing that I notice that one of the connectors behind the bumper was loose

After plugging in the connector all was good......most likely the problem all along!

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi M3toSVT,

It sounds like you might try to track down this issue yourself, but keep in mind that you can always swing by your local Ford Dealership for assistance. How many miles are on your Raptor?

Crystal

I am pushing almost 73k. I am going to take it in and try the BCM software fix. Thanks for the support!

Did finally figure out what the problem was.......My issue was with the rear lights, made sure that I had good grounds for the resistors and while doing that I notice that one of the connectors behind the bumper was loose

After plugging in the connector all was good......most likely the problem all along!

Thanks for the response. I will check my connections and see what happens.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am pushing almost 73k. I am going to take it in and try the BCM software fix. Thanks for the support!...

You're welcome, M3toSVT! I'll continue to keep an eye on this thread to see if you need any assistance.

Crystal

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the Hyper flash is gone now and the front turn signals are working (somewhat) but I am left with another issue for now.
When I have no running lights on, my front turn signals will only flash once and not flash anymore after that.
When I turn the running lights on they flash as normal.
I am going to unplug my custom LED strips I have installed in the headlights and see if that will make any change.
If this problem continues any further I will start another thread to document it.

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the Hyper flash is gone now and the front turn signals are working (somewhat) but I am left with another issue for now.
When I have no running lights on, my front turn signals will only flash once and not flash anymore after that.
When I turn the running lights on they flash as normal.
I am going to unplug my custom LED strips I have installed in the headlights and see if that will make any change.
If this problem continues any further I will start another thread to document it.

This is a shot in the dark and I know this is an old ass thread but I'm having similar issues in my 2014 with Morimoto C-Clamp Switch back lights. The right front C-Clamp and the right front turn signal bulb worked fine for a year but just recently stopped blinking. The bulb is fine and my right rear blinker works fine but hyperflashes. Did you figure out the issue?

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a shot in the dark and I know this is an old ass thread but I'm having similar issues in my 2014 with Morimoto C-Clamp Switch back lights. The right front C-Clamp and the right front turn signal bulb worked fine for a year but just recently stopped blinking. The bulb is fine and my right rear blinker works fine but hyperflashes. Did you figure out the issue?

Too much current on the BCM. If you have the amber portion of the switchback hooked to the OEM turn signal circuit, you will induce additional current on the circuit when voltage is not on the white circuit of the switchback. Depends how you have the lights wired.
I took off all the amber functions off the OEM circuit and ran them through relays which are activated via the turn circuit. This doesn't draw much power at all and will not mess with the BCM.

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too much current on the BCM. If you have the amber portion of the switchback hooked to the OEM turn signal circuit, you will induce additional current on the circuit when voltage is not on the white circuit of the switchback. Depends how you have the lights wired.
I took off all the amber functions off the OEM circuit and ran them through relays which are activated via the turn circuit. This doesn't draw much power at all and will not mess with the BCM.

Thanks for the quick response. Just to clarify, did you just tap into the blinker wire that activates the circuit and connect it to the lead noted by the blue arrow in the image?Relay Wiring.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir