Hyper Flash Problem....Really Weird!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In reading the threads on hyper flash, I haven't seen this problem come up......

A little background......2011 SCREW

Put duel color switchback bulbs with resistors in for the front turn signals, everything work great.

Added LEDs in the rear tail lights along with the reverse, license plate, 3rd brake and clearance lights (front). Then added resistors for each of the four tail light sockets, right side works good, left side no brake or turn signals, running lights work good. Also added HID head lights

Disconnected the resistors for the rear lights and put the stock tail lights back in on both sides, no change.....still no brake lights, turn signals on the left side. Then removed the front turn signal LEDs and resistors and installed stock bulbs.....still no change.

Checked all fuses and relays, all were good........checked the rear sockets with a meter, all wiring seems to be good, although with the blinker on the left side shows only 5-6 volts!

Has anyone ran across this before? Is my next step to have Ford reprogram the computer?

:hmmm2:

Thanks in advance for any ideas anyone may have!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the hyper flash has been an ongoing problem when replacing the turn signals in these trucks. normally the resistor would work, but for some reason trying to find the right resistance has proven to be a challenge for our trucks. i would revert back to stock on all flashing lights and see if the problem goes away. i dont think the dealer can reprogram anything for you though

OP
OP
Sano Dano

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the hyper flash has been an ongoing problem when replacing the turn signals in these trucks. normally the resistor would work, but for some reason trying to find the right resistance has proven to be a challenge for our trucks. i would revert back to stock on all flashing lights and see if the problem goes away. i dont think the dealer can reprogram anything for you though

Tired to do as you suggested....still no brake, turn signals on the left side......even disconnected the battery over night, no change.

Even tried different resistors, using the front one that worked on the back, still no change.

I mentioned the dealer because I read somewhere a while ago about they could reprogram the CPU to get ride of the hyper flash???
:mad3::mad3::mad3:

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the cab shouldnt be a problem. its only the flashing lights that should be affected by this. i have led interior lights and they do not affect my turn signals at all

OP
OP
Sano Dano

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably wont help. test power at the lights first.

Tail lights were 12 volts, turn signal was 5 volts and "flashing"* (which indicates a short?)
Didn't check the brake light as I was by my self.

Where do the turn signal wires start? at the lever/switch?

Edit: * "Flashing" with the turn signal on. Does only getting 5 volts indicate a short?

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
your digital meter may not be quick enough to get a full voltage reading. try using a test light instead. if you are still showing a low voltage, there might be other issues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts