How to wire rear lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I already have lights under my rear bumper, they are wired into the reverse lights. I want them to come on with AUX 4 switch too. I already know where the wires are in the passenger foot well. My question is how to you run a wire from there to the rear bumper?

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran my wire along the passenger side frame rail, on top, secured with extra long zip ties. It is completely invisible up there. I also went with the number 4 AUX. switch.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whtrapta, as long as you wire them in parallel (aux wires and wires from reverse lights connected to same point) it should work (both sets of lights come on either from the shifter being in reverse or the aux switch being thrown).

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
If I wire to the trailer pin connector for auto on, and to aux 4 for any time use, wouldn't that work? then it has really nothing to backfeed onto.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
S1 and S2 are switch 1 and switch 2. The circle and X is your light and the long line is pos and short is Neg. looks like this has 2 in line batteries which you maybe don't need. That's my thoughts.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So...S1 is the gear shift in reverse (both the reverse and back up lights come on) and S2 is Aux 4 (both reverse and backup lights come on). Correct?

All I would be doing is adding a parallel path from the Aux 4 switch to the back of the truck.