How much light is blocked when lightbar is mounted behind grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPYC-2X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am traveling right now and this is the best pic I have with me. I'll be back this weekend and will try to take a few behind the scenes photos for you.

Attachments

• _MG_6669.jpg
    _MG_6669.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 203

Nitefighter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my Raptor, I nosed it into the sand at 40 mph twice with the Lightbar mounted on a saints offroad bumper, and the only thing that happened to the light was that it got shifted on the mounts.

SPYC-2X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long. Here are the photos of how my lights are mounted.

First pic shows orientation of top light bar. Second is a close up of the bracket used. And third is a view of the bottom light bar from directly above showing the simple L-bracket and mounting location behind the rubber bumper for the hood/grill.

IMG_3090.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a lot i was at pismo and turned my 40 behind the grill on and then popped the hood and it was a good 30% increase i have no proof for this and im just guestimating on the percentages but it gives you an idea as to what i witnessed after that i moved the 40 from behind the grill.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know for a fact, I'm getting the SVC front bumper when I get back to the states. So there's a 30" in the bumper (or the 20 and cubes I have now) I really want to do two 30's or 40's in the upper grill but I'll mount them so they are right above and below the FORD to lessen the light loss.

Sorry it took so long. Here are the photos of how my lights are mounted.

First pic shows orientation of top light bar. Second is a close up of the bracket used. And third is a view of the bottom light bar from directly above showing the simple L-bracket and mounting location behind the rubber bumper for the hood/grill.

Where did you get the brackets from?

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Agreed with the percentage lost that others mentioned, but really we don't mind since we bought the M&R for a great price. Held up exceptionally well and totally worth it and used all the time!

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There have been a few guys who found positioning the light in the larger grill gaps (above and below the FORD) netted more overall light. I've still yet to move mine though, as i'd likely need to make another bracket.

Like Joe, I'm also running another flavor of bar from the far east, so not too concerned the behind the grill bar is mostly cosmetic ;) My lil 18" vX bar unobstructed, greatly outshines my 30" through the grill