How much light is blocked when lightbar is mounted behind grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poser999

Reaction score
I like the hidden look when the light is behind the grill. HOw much light is blocked?

OP
OP
poser999

poser999

Reaction score
with a ligthbar mounted in the lower grill opening (not blocked) anyone break theirs when running hard offroad? I know I've nosed my front bumper into a dune pretty hard before.

Being low seems to put it in harms way.

D

Deleted member 12951

with a ligthbar mounted in the lower grill opening (not blocked) anyone break theirs when running hard offroad? I know I've nosed my front bumper into a dune pretty hard before.

Being low seems to put it in harms way.

I know it looks cool but IMO I would avoid putting a light there on a stock bumper if you are hitting hard.

a8ama9u3.jpg

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The light will hold up fine. I had a rigid 20" and hit the front end. Only thing I had to do with the light was buy a new $20 bracket because it bent it back

SPYC-2X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two 40" light bars mounted behind my grill. While the light output is inhibited, it still throws far/wide and allows me to see an incredible distance. I also have the 20" in the lower bumper and it has held up like a champ.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have two 40" light bars mounted behind my grill. While the light output is inhibited, it still throws far/wide and allows me to see an incredible distance. I also have the 20" in the lower bumper and it has held up like a champ.

Can you post some pictures and any details of your mounting setup? Interested in this as well.