hooking 20 lb to upfitter and highbeams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I understand you, you want the LED Lightbar to come on only when an upfitter switch is on AND you when you select the high beams. If so you only need one relay as in option 1 in your previous post. The LED bar will go to 87 as pictured, the wire from the upfitter will be the 12V+ power wire and will go to 30. You will not need to run a separate wire to the battery for power. A ground wire will hook to 86, it can be run from the - terminal of the battery or to a good grounding lug on the truck. Then the high beam trigger wire which is 12V+, will hook up to 85 and you're done. Then run a - "Neg." wire from the battery to one side of the LED bar and the + "Pos" power will come from terminal 87 on the relay.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No... I want it to come on by either flipping an aux switch OR turning on the high beams.

My bad, I didn't see that two people were asking different questions in this thread. My resolution was for the original poster's question.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my dually spots wired like option 1 above. Works incredibly well. I leave AUX 3 armed all the time then its like daylight at night when I hit the high beams. Works pretty good in the day as well for flashing on coming Raptors in lieu of a wave.

It worked most awesomely on my way home earlier tonight when some idiot in new ram decided to leave his HID high beams on for like half a mile coming at me. Hit the light show and I thought that dude was going in the ditch it scared him so bad.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
If a LEO sees you with the LED light bar on, you will get pulled over and possibly ticketed. I was on a dark back road and had just one of my two 30" light bars on and I got pulled over. He said "if I see you with this on again, I will take it from you." Don't know if he can do that but he seemed serious... Oh wellll

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a LEO sees you with the LED light bar on, you will get pulled over and possibly ticketed. I was on a dark back road and had just one of my two 30" light bars on and I got pulled over. He said "if I see you with this on again, I will take it from you." Don't know if he can do that but he seemed serious... Oh wellll

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yeah, he can write a ticket but it would be a problem for him to remove and take your property.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Similar question....I want to be able to turn on my bed lights from either an aux switch or a switch mounted in the bed. So that is option 1, correct?