Hood vent led lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drj.raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added the lights yesterday. It was pretty easy, took about 4hr taking my time.

Attachments

• 20151115_181559.jpg
    20151115_181559.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 157
Reaction score
RGB LED Strip question for syncing with car music

I just signed up today because my neighbor told me he saw a few people on this forum pull this off before.

So I've been doing a case study on RGB LED kits and strips here http://bestrgbledstrips.com/2016/11/18/rgb-led-strip-arduino/ because last week I saw some guy in his Raptor literally SYNC his music with rgb led strips that were displaying underneath his car.

I've been looking into this and found out it might be possible with Arduino programming , and syncing this up directly up to a board within the car.

If someone on their free time can explain how they did it, I would really appreciate it. Just to explain again, the raptor was playing music and the music lights were blinking directly in sync with the car itself (so i'm not sure were the lights actually linked up to an mp3 player in the car externally? or was it directly linked IN the car?)

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just signed up today because my neighbor told me he saw a few people on this forum pull this off before.

So I've been doing a case study on RGB LED kits and strips here http://bestrgbledstrips.com/2016/11/18/rgb-led-strip-arduino/ because last week I saw some guy in his Raptor literally SYNC his music with rgb led strips that were displaying underneath his car.

I've been looking into this and found out it might be possible with Arduino programming , and syncing this up directly up to a board within the car.

If someone on their free time can explain how they did it, I would really appreciate it. Just to explain again, the raptor was playing music and the music lights were blinking directly in sync with the car itself (so i'm not sure were the lights actually linked up to an mp3 player in the car externally? or was it directly linked IN the car?)

@The Car Stereo Company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a module you use that has a microphone that picks up the music. other than that, its just wiring up the lights. rgb leds. you will want to use 5050smd chips for rgb.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a module you use that has a microphone that picks up the music. other than that, its just wiring up the lights. rgb leds. you will want to use 5050smd chips for rgb.

I bought some RGB that has the 4 flat wires which makes the wiring process a pain since I wanted 4 strips under the hood vents and 4 behind the SVT fender logo. I got them installed but to me it wasn't worth the headache of wiring.

Gonna check Joe Florida to see if he has a better kit.

Hopscotch

Reaction score
Glad this post got brought back up, awesome mod that's really simple to do. Did my hood and side vents last weekend in red. Wired into my hood ambers so they'd come on with them.
7bde28a4bf6028e4ea89d26933f69979.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought some RGB that has the 4 flat wires which makes the wiring process a pain since I wanted 4 strips under the hood vents and 4 behind the SVT fender logo. I got them installed but to me it wasn't worth the headache of wiring.

Gonna check Joe Florida to see if he has a better kit.

all rgb strips have the wires flat on the strip. you have to cut to length and solder wires on to them

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My version of routing the wires for the hood vent lighting. Put them underneath the panels where possible. The exposed wires were attached with silver metal HVAC tape and nylon stick-on zip tie holders.