Hood Mounted Whelen Micro Pioneers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hopscotch

Reaction score
Installed my Whelens on SDHQ hood mounts the other day. Looks awesome and puts out a good amount of light, still have to test them at high speed.

Anyone have suggestions for anti-theft for these exterior lights?

RbR4jS8.jpg
scHHzSQ.jpg

UPDATE: Here's some night shots. I saw some people on another light thread complaining because the op didn't have any. :smile:

High Beams only:
6BzmYrV.jpg

Whelens on the Hood mounts only:
jaoqUMj.jpg

Everything (high beams, fog light duallys, whelens):
SGbf2rI.jpg

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That look great. What bracket did you use to mount em? I run two in the lower grill around the front plate. They are bright!

Were you able or did you even try to get covers for them?

Sorry for the questions, they look good

OP
OP
Hopscotch

Hopscotch

Reaction score
That look great. What bracket did you use to mount em? I run two in the lower grill around the front plate. They are bright!

Were you able or did you even try to get covers for them?

Sorry for the questions, they look good

I got the mounts from SDHQ offroad.

Didn't know they had covers, hadn't looked into it. I have amber covers for my fog light duallys, would be cool on the Whelens too if they have them.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the mounts from SDHQ offroad.

Didn't know they had covers, hadn't looked into it. I have amber covers for my fog light duallys, would be cool on the Whelens too if they have them.

I don't think rock guard covers are avaiable. It would be nice if covers are available.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed my Whelens on SDHQ hood mounts the other day. Looks awesome and puts out a good amount of light, still have to test them at high speed.

Anyone have suggestions for anti-theft for these exterior lights?

RbR4jS8.jpg
scHHzSQ.jpg

Looks good. I got a set up on the hood with WSI mounts. I like them. The long fine stainless steel thread with lock nut would mean it would take someone a bit of time to take apart. However, I think there are some locking nuts some folks here have used on their light bars.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I got a set up on the hood with WSI mounts. I like them. The long fine stainless steel thread with lock nut would mean it would take someone a bit of time to take apart. However, I think there are some locking nuts some folks here have used on their light bars.

Like hacking a server, if someone wants it they will get it. I am hanging my hat on the fact most thieves don't have a clue the cost. I would concern myself with vandalism. Either way get comphensive insurance

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do the WSI mounts let you open the hood all the way? I have to point the lights up to let the hood clear them with the SDHQ mounts

Oh man, that would suck...

Yes, the @WSI mounts allow the hood to open all the way. You do have to trim the plastic air dam a bit. But no issues.

Have you tried to adjust your hood forward some? You could also take the mounts back off, and slot the holes a bit so the mount would sit back towards the windshield a bit more.

Yukon Joe
:baby::baby:

OP
OP
Hopscotch

Hopscotch

Reaction score
Oh man, that would suck...

Yes, the @WSI mounts allow the hood to open all the way. You do have to trim the plastic air dam a bit. But no issues.

Have you tried to adjust your hood forward some? You could also take the mounts back off, and slot the holes a bit so the mount would sit back towards the windshield a bit more.

Yukon Joe
:baby::baby:

Yea I think a bit of modification on the mounts would make it work. I put the mounts on alone so the hood is already a little out of place, no way i could try to move it any.