homemade light rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motorvisions

Reaction score
just wanted to throw up some pics of my lightrack. i built the uprights myself and purchased the actual cage from synergy manufacturing. i attached the lower crossbar to the outlaw offroad chase rack and drilled 4 holes through the bed rail flange. i picked up some baja designs HIDs, i like the look of the round lights up top over that of an LED bar.
The rack folds up and down by pulling a spring loaded t-handle that locks into some brackets on a pair of tube clamps.
One question i have is can i wire all four of the lights together onto one of the factory switches or should i do 2 lights on a switch? im sure i could put in a bigger fuse for the 4 on one, but are the switches themselves rated for that? im not into electrical to much. thanks for any advice.
IMG_2291_zpsxid5cvl3.jpg

IMG_2295%201_zpsjwbaypec.jpg

IMG_2222_zpswaucyqv0.jpg

IMG_2227_zpsczwstdo1.jpg

IMG_2225_zpspcvicyvr.jpg

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice rack!!! Don't know if you're a guy or a girl, but that's the first time I've told someone that....

Anyway, as far as the wiring goes, I would wire 2 light to one switch and 2 to another. Sometimes you don't need all four. It allows you to use less light when you need it.....

Good luck with your set up, and I understand why you are asking this question. There are only 4 switches, right?

When you are ready to add some switches for more lights, hit us up. We got some killer options!!!

But in all seriousness, I'm not trying to sell you switches or relays. You will appreciate the ability to only using half of your lighting.....

OP
OP
M

motorvisions

Reaction score
thanks. yeah it does cover the 3rd brake light, but when laid down everything is below the roof height. which is what i wanted so i didnt have to worry about parking garages and such. if i ever get harassed about the 3rd brake light ill just throw on a pair of red rigids.
thanks for the info about the switches also.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

thanks crown. i was wanting to use 4 on 1 so i can add the dust light to a switch and when i put the front lights on those can be on either one or the remaining two. ill def give you guys a look. im always trying to find the next thing to add lol.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job!

Less concerned about the brake light, gonna have to relocate that Magpul sticker though.