High Beam Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aidan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So maybe this question should go in the 'Problems' forum but I figured I'd throw it in the 'Lighting' one since it's more specific.

Last night my high beam switch quit working properly. It pulls back like normal, the high beams come on just fine, dash indicator as well, and then when I let go, the turn off. They don't stay on. I can use them if hold back the multi-function switch but that's a huge pain.

Anyone seen anything like this? Just wondering if it's something easy to do so I can save a trip back to the dealer.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Or you could tie a rubber band around the stalk and steering wheel if you want it to stay back.

OP
OP
Aidan

Aidan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I just forgot how to use the high beams. Maybe I did, I was just driving a rental car for a week. I need to check this as soon as I get out of work.

I really hope they changed something between '10 and '12, because otherwise I just lost my mind.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To stay on you push forward. Pull back is just to flash

I don't think I just forgot how to use the high beams. Maybe I did, I was just driving a rental car for a week. I need to check this as soon as I get out of work.

I really hope they changed something between '10 and '12, because otherwise I just lost my mind.

They did, 2010's was push forward. 2011 they changed that with the gauge cluster and productivity screen.

OP
OP
Aidan

Aidan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I double checked on my way home. I'm not crazy and I do still know how to work my lights. They just don't work right.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Prob a faulty multi function switch if its an 11 or 12. Seen a few go bad or the SCCM ( steering column control module)

OP
OP
Aidan

Aidan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly.

Aidan, what you described when you pull back sounds perfectly normal. Describe what happens when you push forward....

Nothing, you can't push it forward.

I had to double check because he freaked me out but it's always been back for high beams. You pull about halfway back for the pass and all the way back switches to high beams. Do it again to turn them off. That's the way it's worked for the past five months... just stopped the other day and doesn't work not.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Prob a faulty multi function switch if its an 11 or 12. Seen a few go bad or the SCCM ( steering column control module)

Thank you sir. Means I'll take it in then.