HID question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjeffreyc97

Reaction score
Hello everyone I just joined today, I have seen alot of useful information on this site and now I am ready for a couple mods on my Raptor. I was wondering when I install the HID kit (low/high) will I need some sort of error code eliminator? I found a set of bi-xenon slim ballast on ebay for $39.00 free shipping, think the name brand is Xentec? Worth it?

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had 2 out of the 4 ballast from them not work for my quad. They sent some new ones to take care of it but still more time wasted and i didn't have HIDs for my quad at Little Sahara.

I would look at either DDM or Rigid for this kit. Both have a lifetime warranty. I know my Xentec for the quad is only 2 years or so. I've had tons of DDM stuff with not problems at all and lots of guys are running the Rigid. As far as i know the Ford isn't smart enough to show a light is out (could be wrong). Call DDM they have a great customer service department and they will tell you what you need to know. I'm ordering my DDMs tomorrow.

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was totally against fitting HIDs in my truck. I am a big hater of ppl blinding everyone else on the road so they can have cheap ass HIDs neon blue for their ride.

But....

After some extended driving using my Rigid light bars when i turned them off my headlight beams looked like they were coming from a 1981 pinto with bad battery.
Sucked
Soo...
Im in the market now for some brighter headlights
I think im going to go with a good projecter setup if i can.
Not 100% yet but factories suck after using Rigid.
Made my streamlight look like a lit match.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was totally against fitting HIDs in my truck. I am a big hater of ppl blinding everyone else on the road so they can have cheap ass HIDs neon blue for their ride.

But....

After some extended driving using my Rigid light bars when i turned them off my headlight beams looked like they were coming from a 1981 pinto with bad battery.
Sucked
Soo...
Im in the market now for some brighter headlights
I think im going to go with a good projecter setup if i can.
Not 100% yet but factories suck after using Rigid.
Made my streamlight look like a lit match.

I was with you 100% on this until i saw some of the cut offs with other people using these in their trucks. But no really aftermarket help and the only option i could find was to ship the stock head lights off to get some infinity projectors put in. But 700 bucks and I still have my same headlights with retrofitted projectors just sucks and it take a week or longer. The fact ford didnt put these in blows my Fin mind!!! The offer this in crap cars they sale but the one vehicle that really needs them doesn't have them. Fed up with it i've got my DDMs ordered. I seriously can't see after i shut off my HID offroad lights.

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was with you 100% on this until i saw some of the cut offs with other people using these in their trucks. But no really aftermarket help and the only option i could find was to ship the stock head lights off to get some infinity projectors put in. But 700 bucks and I still have my same headlights with retrofitted projectors just sucks and it take a week or longer. The fact ford didnt put these in blows my Fin mind!!! The offer this in crap cars they sale but the one vehicle that really needs them doesn't have them. Fed up with it i've got my DDMs ordered. I seriously can't see after i shut off my HID offroad lights.

Haha
Cool! Let me know how they turn out.
Dfuser.com was supposed to work on something for our trucks also.
Im gonna wait a few more weeks to study up on available options.

chriskent85

Reaction score
i got the xentec kit and the highs didnt work and a week later the ballast went out when i changed out the wiring harness, go with another brand.:crazy:

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i found a couple of places on the east coast who gave me quotes for the real retrofit but the prices were $300 to $500 more than yours. would you post or pm me with the name and contact for the vendor who quoted you $700.... i was starting to think that io would buy some aftermarket projectors then add the retro soultions kit... the infinity fx and the mini moto projectors retrofitted into the stock lights are very nice and what would prefer to do....

lastly does anyone know where i could find a set of the stock lights for sale for a reasonable price?

Last edited:

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I have the ddm tuning hid lights. I was concerned about blinding people so I only got the 35w bulbs. Even with my perch adjusted I have never been flashed by anyone. I may upgrade to the 55w bulbs someday. I have the hi/lo kit and haven't had any light out warning lights. The difference is huge in the light produced by these vs stock.

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the ddm tuning hid lights. I was concerned about blinding people so I only got the 35w bulbs. Even with my perch adjusted I have never been flashed by anyone. I may upgrade to the 55w bulbs someday. I have the hi/lo kit and haven't had any light out warning lights. The difference is huge in the light produced by these vs stock.

are you happy with your choice to go 6k as compared to 5k?