HID or LED?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
cf1109efb1c43babb89227a2cc9a38df.jpg

Above two: visionx 4.5" light cannon

Are the cannons aimed correctly? They seem high... or maybe I'm just too low...

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ no, in this photo I had aimed them up on the wall on purpose. Have them aimed correctly right now. This photo just shows that tight spot pattern with very minimal light bleeding off.

I have them aimed just like my XPR now (see photo).

To the OP, I would put your light cannons on a chase rack. And put a flood pattern bar on the bumper. I like the idea of the pro6, however, each light only utilizes two 20w LEDs. If you have the 6.7 cannons, which I think you do, those use one strong 50w LED with a slightly larger reflector. Put those up top.

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

^ oops, should have read closer. You have HIDs. I thought those are light cannon LEDs. Any who, I would mount those those up top.

Last edited:

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
^ no, in this photo I had aimed them up on the wall on purpose. Have them aimed correctly right now. This photo just shows that tight spot pattern with very minimal light bleeding off.

I have them aimed just like my XPR now (see photo).

How far back were you at when you took the picture?

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How far back were you at when you took the picture?

If I had to guess, I would say 75-100feet. I came to that number by counting the number of parking spacing in the photo and googled the average width of parking spaces. Added all that up and got my range.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
If I had to guess, I would say 75-100feet. I came to that number by counting the number of parking spacing in the photo and googled the average width of parking spaces. Added all that up and got my range.

Thanks I recently adjusted my headlights but didn't do the cannons.

In the past I've adjusted them at night on the trail to what looks good to me so I'll compare to what you have see which is better...

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ I do the same thing when I ride trails haha. Seems like every time you go out, your lights have to be adjusted accordingly.