HELP! w/Aux switches and wiring Diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This week I plan on wiring up my new off road lights. I have a set of 4 lights I want to wire them up two of the switches.

is there a post describing the wiring diagram and how to do this?

I was thinking I would use Aux 1 and Aux 2... What are the fuse sizes of these two switches" are aux 3 and 4 different?

any help would be appreciated..

thanks

Last edited:

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This week I plan on wiring up my new off road lights. I have a set of 4 lights I want to wire them up two of the switches.

is there a post describing the wiring diagram and how to do this?

I was thinking I would use Aux 1 and Aux 2... What are the fuse sizes of these two switches" are aux 3 and 4 different?

any help would be appreciated..

thanks

Aux 1 and 2 are 30 amps, Aux 3 is 15 amps and Aux 4 is 10 amps.

To hook the things up, you first have to spice the wires together behind the clove box. Remove or drop down the glove box door and remove the triangle shaped side panel by (I love this part) stick your finger in the round hole, curl it up, and pull!!!
The wires are about 6 inches too short, but you should be able to pull them out the door side just enough to get the strippers on them. You will need mechanical strippers, there is not enough room for using your teeth or a pocket knife, so don't even try. There is also not enough room for a butt splice and don't be a jerk and use a wire nut, so plan on twisting and soldering. The color codes are in the video.
Under the hood on the passenger side are the pass-thru wires. Hook them up to whatever you like. The color codes are also in the video. Or you can just connect to one and be surprised!!!!
You may want to change out the fuses from the stock size to a smaller one, appropriate for your use.

Here is the video - this guy goes thru the glove box and i had better luck going thru the side panel. I suppose if you have little hands and like to stand on your head, the glove box route is OK. YouTube - PASS THROUGH WIRES

OP
OP
yomudderputter

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool thanks Guys.. I definitely solder all my wiring. learned that a long time ago..

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you guys like my Video..:)
Yes I like to stand on my head.

Didn't realize that was you Ironman, but now that you mention it, i think you and I have had this discussion before. I told someone else to remove the side panel and your opinion was that it didn't help that much and wasn't necessary. It must have something to do with my old age, lack of agility, size (6-2, 220lbs), or lack of proper tools, that makes me think the glove box door trick is no good. I strip wires with my teeth and couldn't get my head into the glove box.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Didn't realize that was you Ironman, but now that you mention it, i think you and I have had this discussion before. I told someone else to remove the side panel and your opinion was that it didn't help that much and wasn't necessary. It must have something to do with my old age, lack of agility, size (6-2, 220lbs), or lack of proper tools, that makes me think the glove box door trick is no good. I strip wires with my teeth and couldn't get my head into the glove box.

Actually removing the side panel was a huge help. Like I said in the video side panel for right hand, look through the glove box, and under the glove box for the left hand. Made it very manageable to maeuver wires and solder wires, but you have to take off the glove box door to work with your left hand. I know some people kept saying you didn't have to take off the door but it's MUCH easier.
I'm glad I could help with the video.

OP
OP
yomudderputter

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to remove the glove box. I was able to do it from the side with the passenger door open. pulled the wires up, stripped them and soldered everything up. was a snap.
Just wired up some orange accent LEDs that are now positioned on the fender SVT port.

Waiting on my receiver step bar and will customize my 4 100watt off road lights to switches 1 and 2.

aux 3 will be for fog lights.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
No need to remove the glove box. I was able to do it from the side with the passenger door open. pulled the wires up, stripped them and soldered everything up. was a snap.
Just wired up some orange accent LEDs that are now positioned on the fender SVT port.

Waiting on my receiver step bar and will customize my 4 100watt off road lights to switches 1 and 2.

aux 3 will be for fog lights.

HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THE WIRES UP THAT HIGH?
I could barely see mine from the side panel let alone through the glove box.
Were your wires longer?