Help me decide on behind the grill lightbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score

Do you know if the brightness of yours is less than the rigid? I want to put a 40 behind the grill on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•42 inch LED bar

•240 Watt power

•15,000 Lumens

•80pcs high intensity LEDs

•Housing Material: Diecast Aluminum

•Lens Material: Polycarbonate
•In stock - 2 weeks!
•ONLY $330.00 (N/A in amber)

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just remember what ever u put behind the grille the light output will be cut in half. if u run the a stock bumper i would look into lights to go in the lower grille in the bumper. u can put a 20" in there

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Best option

just remember what ever u put behind the grille the light output will be cut in half. if u run the a stock bumper i would look into lights to go in the lower grille in the bumper. u can put a 20" in there

For those of us that live in states that require a front license plate and don't want to mess with the looks of the truck the 20 in the front bumper is not really an option. I don't agree that its a 50% loss behind the grill. If it is the 40 behind the grill then would be the same light out put as in the bumper for those of us that require a front plate. One benefit is its a little more secure and hidden from the thief's out there compared to a light bar etc.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those of us that live in states that require a front license plate and don't want to mess with the looks of the truck the 20 in the front bumper is not really an option. I don't agree that its a 50% loss behind the grill. If it is the 40 behind the grill then would be the same light out put as in the bumper for those of us that require a front plate. One benefit is its a little more secure and hidden from the thief's out there compared to a light bar etc.

Its actually been tested by members here several times and its about 50%. I also have a 30" behind my grille and it throws less light than my 20" did. Also u can modify the plate bracket to sit higher and not block the lower grille in the bumper like many members here have done.

Its just an observation I was trying to share to help out. I agree the security of behind the grill is nice but 40" light bar money for 20" light bar performance would **** me off. Just trying to save the guy some coin.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Light Meter

Its actually been tested by members here several times and its about 50%. I also have a 30" behind my grille and it throws less light than my 20" did. Also u can modify the plate bracket to sit higher and not block the lower grille in the bumper like many members here have done.

Its just an observation I was trying to share to help out. I agree the security of behind the grill is nice but 40" light bar money for 20" light bar performance would **** me off. Just trying to save the guy some coin.

Very much appreciate everyone's observations and help! I have an old camera light meter from the old 35mm days and I'm going to see what it reads with the grill open and closed just for my own curiosity. I have done it by eye and didn't see a 50% reduction but then again my eyes aren't what they use to be :)

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very much appreciate everyone's observations and help! I have an old camera light meter from the old 35mm days and I'm going to see what it reads with the grill open and closed just for my own curiosity. I have done it by eye and didn't see a 50% reduction but then again my eyes aren't what they use to be :)

Interested to see your results. When I get some time I'll find the threads where I read the testing results and post them

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These are the ones I got for $170 and $80.

Amazon.com: Tuff Stuff Performance 40" Led Off Road Led Light Bar Flood/Spot Combo Beam- 3W Led-240W-15,000 Lumen: Automotive

Amazon.com: Tuff Stuff Performance 22" Off Road Led Light Bar Flood/Spot Combo Beam- 3W Cree Led-120W-7500 Lumen

byne8a3y.jpg

emyby6u4.jpg

yquvy2eh.jpg

ana7e7ys.jpg

ahemahu3.jpg

e4edu3u4.jpg

dysara8y.jpg

Last edited: