Help me decide on behind the grill lightbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dark1024

Reaction score
Hello, I've been hesitant on ordering a Rigid, KC behind the grill 40" lightbar specially because of the price tag, I know that they are worth it, but I have some other projects going on at this time, so I found 2 other options much cheaper and I want to see if any of you had any experience with them.

First option
http://www.amazon.com/Inch-LED-Light-Bar-Lumens/dp/B00AYZB6Z4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405022577&sr=8-1&keywords=lightbar+40%22

Second Option
Amazon.com: 41.5" Off-Road Extra LED Light Bar Cree - 240W Flood/Spot Combo Beam: Automotive

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with M&R. I've had the light bar for two years now with no problems. The light out put is cut by about 50%. So I couldn't see spending the money on the expensive bars.

The Blackhawk bars from TMX would be another good choice and both are forum sponsors.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Digidiodes!

I went with the 42" double row light bar from Digidiodes.com for $300 and free shipping (XMAS special) but bought the mounting brackets from Rigid for $10 to mount it. Works great and have had no problems with mine!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great! thanks a lot for your replies.

That's the first one on amazon which is good for being under 150 bucks!
aqemety7.jpg
9azu8aby.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LS3 CJ7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the 42" double row light bar from Digidiodes.com for $300 and free shipping (XMAS special) but bought the mounting brackets from Rigid for $10 to mount it. Works great and have had no problems with mine!

Do you know if the brightness of yours is less than the rigid? I want to put a 40 behind the grill on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirt Bag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just added the 40" rigid with the raptor install kit and it was a super easy and clean install.
I have the KC cubes in the front corner openings and the 40 behind the grill.
Makes night in to day! both companies make great products. (check the torture test videos on the rigid web site as that is what sold me).
Both KC and Rigid are over built so they can take the abuse and I am a believer that you get what you pay for in lights.
I have had bad experiences in past trucks with generics and "low cost" lights.