Help! I need mounts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mr Jurassic

Mr Jurassic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bed Lighting???

Seems to me like even with a set of diffused D2s there would not be a very good distribution of light for such a small area because they are just so close. From the look of the bracket I'm also not sure if you would even be able to aim them down enough to shine into the bed at all. Maybe mount them upside down on the bracket? If possible?

But personally, since you already have chase lights I would get something like a Rigid Rock light kit and mount it up under the bed rails. Since you would get multiple points of light around the bed I think it would be much more useful; especially if you have a large object like a spare tire, furniture, etc. in there (less shadows). I also think it would look cleaner than, what just look like chase lights, angled way over into the bed.

That's just my thoughts though...
I thought about the rock light idea, but i came across a set of 4 d2's for a good deal and i couldnt pass up. im sticking the other 2 d2's on the bike.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

MrJurassic,
I think you're in luck. I believe this is a Motocross tie down system that mounts across the front of the bed...let me google....

High Roller Tie Bar - Chaparral Motorsports

Bed Buddy Truck Bed Motorcycle Tie-Down Rack by CCR Sport | DiscountRamps.com

https://www.usrack.com/grip_motorcycle_carrier.php
these dont have areas to mount lights though :/ sadly it wouldnt work. the tie point are great!
Thank you!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm guess I'm not sure what you are wanting as far as light, or maybe I miss-understood you. Are you wanting lights so you can see stuff in the bed, or are you wanting rear facing lights so others can see you on runs?

If you are wanting bed lighting to see stuff, I would suggest getting a couple of LED strips. They tuck up under the bedrail safely and provide a ton of usable light that isn't going to be shining in your eyes at night. Another inexpensive alternative is adding some LED lights to the OEM cargo light. I did this and paired with the LED strips, there are virtually zero shadows back there at night, which makes it super easy to find what you are looking for.

If are wanting rear facing lights so others can see you, then carry on. You're headed in the right direction.

Good luck!!!