headlights help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunner75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped out my H13 factory bulbs for 9008XPS2's. Think they suck. So I went to the parts store today and couldn't recall my headlamp number (H13), but I guessed it and they sold me 9007's.

So what is the part number translation? Cross-Ref for the H13? What will work and won't, factory exchange?

Maybe I got hossed on the Phillips 9008XPS2's? Long story.

Thanks!

WSD

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
?? Do you mean aftermarket alternatives for h13? Not for sure on your question.

Saber22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we have to be careful with the "lighting options" we use on our Raptors. As everyone knows, there are a "plethora" of choices for not just replacement OEM lights, but additional lighting as well. Although Ford appears to make it somewhat easier with integration of said lights, and vendors advertise "huge improvements" over current ones, I have seen several "snake oil" businesses which promise the moon, and leave the consumer disappointed. I would like to replace the headlamps in my Raptor when it arrives, as well as the tail lamps, with LED accents, but I get mixed responses from stores as to how the truck will handle the mod. Thoughts??

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think we have to be careful with the "lighting options" we use on our Raptors. As everyone knows, there are a "plethora" of choices for not just replacement OEM lights, but additional lighting as well. Although Ford appears to make it somewhat easier with integration of said lights, and vendors advertise "huge improvements" over current ones, I have seen several "snake oil" businesses which promise the moon, and leave the consumer disappointed. I would like to replace the headlamps in my Raptor when it arrives, as well as the tail lamps, with LED accents, but I get mixed responses from stores as to how the truck will handle the mod. Thoughts??

After almost 3 years dealing with Raptors... I will say this... Stay away from Recon, spyder, anything from ebay.. Check with FRF members/forum before purchasing anything..

-Greg

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bulbs are H13 or 9008. The Philips Extreme bulbs are considered among the best available halogens on the market. Osram Night Breaker +90 Plus bulbs are excellent as well but I do not believe they are available in H13. Do not expect a huge difference when upgrading the bulb. I had Philips Extreme Vision bulbs in my Raptor when I first got it and they were an improvement over the factory bulbs. I'm surprised that you did not see any improvement with the Philips Extreme Power bulbs. The Extreme Vision is supposed to be an upgrade over the Extreme Power, but both are similar overall.

Yokota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just asked my Ford parts guy about upgrading my lamps. He pulled out the Ford replacement and it is a "9008" and he thinks the Sylvania Ultra should provide a much brighter, longer throw light. However, on Amazon, it says it will not fit my truck (they use F-150 only, not a Raptor). Anyone tried Sylvania Ultras yet? How hard to make the change? TIA.

Yokota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. For less than $20 delivered, I will have a set by Wednesday. Well worth giving it a try, IMHO. These are supposed to be the top of the line for this model. Time will tell. Anything has got to be better than what is in there now. I'm spoiled from using Xenons for 10 years in my Audi.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best halogen bulb in the factory F150 headlights will not approach the performance of the HID's in the Audi. Changing the bulbs requires removing the headlights to access them but is quite simple. Both bulbs can be changed in 15 minutes or so.