Headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
ALL the raptors I've came across are able to run with their headlights off in the daytime but mine can't, how can i go about to change it so I can? Not overly a must have thing but would be something i'd like to do for the hell of it... My truck is in canada but gauges etc still is all in states (just had to slap an import sticker on my door). I am the only owner of it, it came up here and sat on the lot for a month before I bought it, could it be because i am running an HID kit?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ALL the raptors I've came across are able to run with their headlights off in the daytime but mine can't, how can i go about to change it so I can? Not overly a must have thing but would be something i'd like to do for the hell of it... My truck is in canada but gauges etc still is all in states (just had to slap an import sticker on my door). I am the only owner of it, it came up here and sat on the lot for a month before I bought it, could it be because i am running an HID kit?

Its a code, the dealer can change in the PCM.

OP
OP
GitErDunn

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
Alrighty, i'll look into if they'll do it or not.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Tons of people run in the daytime with no lights with no hassle, as long as it's sunny and nice I see no problem.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought daytime running lights were requiere in Canada, and therefore any vehicles shipped into Canada had to have them. There have been other threads on this topic.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
who was it that we were just having this conversation recently? i gave some wire colors for him to try, but apparently he wasnt able to get it to work

OP
OP
GitErDunn

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
It's not a huge issue to have it done, I just would like to do it for the hell of it... Where i live is a small town so no one gives a shit. I am smart enough to know to turn them on if it isn't a sunny ass day out.