GEN 1 Headlight Switch w/ Fog Pullout Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheresaldo

Reaction score
So is there no actual ground on the relay. Only the wire to the switch? Issue I am having is that If I don't ground the really I don't get any power to the fogs.

I'm also using switch AL3T-13D061-CA which was mentioned in the other post. I have a 2010 so I'm curious if the pins are in a different spot for the fogs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hopscotch

Hopscotch

Reaction score
So is there no actual ground on the relay. Only the wire to the switch? Issue I am having is that If I don't ground the really I don't get any power to the fogs.

I'm also using switch AL3T-13D061-CA which was mentioned in the other post. I have a 2010 so I'm curious if the pins are in a different spot for the fogs
I'm not sure how the inner working of the switch work. Weird that it's not working right for you. The only info I have to help is already in the post, not much help past there. I guess just start testing the pins and see what works

SVO 85

Reaction score

Mine is a 2010 and I used the two holes on the right of the plug, 5 and 10 I believe. White on the relay to the power source, blue to the marker lights, yellow to the fogs and back to the light in the switch and black to the switch. Red had 12V all the time so I closed that one off with some heatshrink. The fogs will need their own ground, I used the one by the upfitter pigtails.

ninjanick

Reaction score

Did you figure this out? I'm getting a similar behavior on my 2014. The LED on the headlight switch operates as expected and I can hear the relay switch on /off however I do not get power to the Fogs. I can power them on separately and they work. I thought the relay was bad, but after testing it and swapping with a new relay I'm sure it has something to do with the switch. When the switch is off, the ground seems to float as voltage output of the relay is inconsistent. When the headlight switch is on, the fog indicator light is on, but the fogs do not turn on. Fogs have an independent ground to the frame. I'm no stranger to relays, but I don't understand how the relay can enable the indicator light, but not the fog lights.

OP
OP
Hopscotch

Hopscotch

Reaction score
Did you figure this out? I'm getting a similar behavior on my 2014. The LED on the headlight switch operates as expected and I can hear the relay switch on /off however I do not get power to the Fogs. I can power them on separately and they work. I thought the relay was bad, but after testing it and swapping with a new relay I'm sure it has something to do with the switch. When the switch is off, the ground seems to float as voltage output of the relay is inconsistent. When the headlight switch is on, the fog indicator light is on, but the fogs do not turn on. Fogs have an independent ground to the frame. I'm no stranger to relays, but I don't understand how the relay can enable the indicator light, but not the fog lights.
That is really weird that it can turn the indicator on but not the actual pods. Have you checked if the full voltage is being output to the lights?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk