Headlight elevation adjustment.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I adjusted mine this weekend. I did two full turns of the screwdriver clockwise to aim them down a little more after the perch mod. I think it is better.

Here is an excerpt from the 2011 Owner's guide that covers the adjustment:

Headlight1.jpg

Headlight2.jpg

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
adjust the headlights?

Just had the mid-perch done, and after blinding several suvs, I was wondering if I can adjust the headlights...or if its something I should leave to the dealership?

I haven't adjusted a headlight since my pop up sealed beams on my Prelude.:tizzle:

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to try, you will need to open the hood and remove the rubber flap on the side of the headlight. If you look behind the light from the side, you will see a white nut, and that is the adjustment nut.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the LGE/CTS bumper on, and was still hitting the wing mirrors on a Tahoe that was about 50 feet in front of me. I definitely need to drop em a bit.

I'll give that adjustment nut a shot.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Just had the mid-perch done, and after blinding several suvs, I was wondering if I can adjust the headlights...or if its something I should leave to the dealership?

I haven't adjusted a headlight since my pop up sealed beams on my Prelude.:tizzle:

There is a receptacle on top of the headlight that uses a #2 Phillips bit. You just have to figure out which way adjusts up and vice versa. The guideline is to get on a flat surface, 20 feet away from the wall, and adjust the beams 3ft up the wall. Its in the manual somewhere.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Head Light Adjusting Tool?

Is there a special tool for aiming the headlights? I know a lot of people say they use flat head or phllips SD's. But, there has to be something better suited as either one of these methods seem to wear the teeth even if you are careful.

Thanks,
HAP

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mid Perch, Adjust Headlights?

For those that have adjusted to mid perch have you had to lower your headlights? Had it done today so haven't driven in the dark yet. Going to check them anyways tonight but wanted to see if anyone else has had to adjust them.

This is for a 2014 with HIDs

Thanks

Last edited: