Has anybody changed the blue console lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1fastdoc

Reaction score
I've searched for this and come up empty. Perhaps I'm not using the right terms.

I'd like to change the blue lights in the center console to red or amber. Has anybody tried this?

OP
OP

1fastdoc

Reaction score
I must be getting old as I have no idea what the last 2 posts mean.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must be getting old as I have no idea what the last 2 posts mean.
wiz1500 changed all his leds to red. im not sure if he did this, but he did a lot of them. including the door keycode. so if anyone has done it, it would have been him. i havent gotten that far yet.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
wiz1500 changed all his leds to red. im not sure if he did this, but he did a lot of them. including the door keycode. so if anyone has done it, it would have been him. i havent gotten that far yet.

Surprising...

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Snagged from his thread...

Interior lights..
These were not factory..
I think this is one of the mods i'm most proud of..
Every bulb in the truck is now a LED..
ALL dash peices were removed taken apart and changed to red..It looks factory and most people don't even realize that it's been done..
The only things that are not red are the map lights and the instrumentation lighting..
The map lights are now super bright white LED's and the inst. is stock...
WHY ?? you ask ???
The deal is for the most part my truck follows the rule of "form follows function"
Red interior lights are just unusable and you can't see shit in the truck at night when your looking around for stuff..This goes for the gauge cluster they become unreadable at night...
Now for the pictures..
The hemo's are holding the factory LED that had to be unsoldered then a red one solder in..
020-2.jpg
026-1.jpg
Sorry about the fuzzy pic.. But this is how the LED's come. There in a strip.
022.jpg
006-7.jpg
The HAVAC unit was a concern because of the replacement cost should a mistake be made..
Thankfully all went good.
018-2.jpg
Test..
019-2.jpg
Also the window switches were very nerve racking..
When they are assembled it's a one time deal they are not designed to be serviced or taken apart..
010-4.jpg
You actually have to brake the clips off to get them apart..A little CA glue during reassemble and all is good..
This is where the clip is.
008-3.jpg
004-9.jpg
Rear window switch..
027.jpg
This was just the HAVAC done..
I started with the hardest one..
025-1.jpg
Door lock and window switch..
028-2.jpg
I am not a photographer so I had problems trying to get shots of the lights at night..
My wife got a new camera for X-mas so I will try and get some good shots for you guy's tonight..

OP
OP

1fastdoc

Reaction score
Jimbo, thanks for posting that.

That's a lot of f'n work...

And yeah. Holy crap. I especially don't like the part about breaking parts and gluing them back together.

That stuff is way above my technical expertise (and patience). And I'm guessing the cost for someone else to do it wouldn't be worth the minor irritation of having blue lights.

I like blue. It's nice. I like blue. It's nice. I like blue...

Why did those ******** use blue.