GROUP BUY: Apollo Optics Satellights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Crap... I missed this thread.... I'm wanting to get an RPG bumper and put 8 4.5's across the front... Would have been awesome to same some dough on that.

Do you plan on doing another one some time?

Calder, at this time we're not planning on doing another group buy. But let me know when you're ready. You've got my number.

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Would it be easier to remove the hood from the hinges? That way there is no weight or tension on the hinge brackets when trying to attach the hood mount brackets.

Jay, I wouldn't recommend removing the hood as it makes lining up the hood for reinstall much more difficult. However, you are right about taking the tension off of the hinge brackets. Do you have anyone who can hold up on the hood while you work? If someone just stands there and pushes the hood all the way up, it will relive the weight from the hood and should make attaching the brackets easier.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm late to this, but you can use a broom stick and wedge it between the hood and radiator support and it will do the same thing.

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not late at all. I couldn't muster the courage to do it by myself this weekend. I'm also thinking about using tie down straps to support the hood like a sling from my garage door tracks. I figure that will keep it from moving back and forth towards the windshield when I try to muscle it into place. Next weekend for sure...

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You're not late at all. I couldn't muster the courage to do it by myself this weekend. I'm also thinking about using tie down straps to support the hood like a sling from my garage door tracks. I figure that will keep it from moving back and forth towards the windshield when I try to muscle it into place. Next weekend for sure...

Ratchet strap could work, just make sure it's secure. I'd keep a microfiber between the strap and the hood to protect your paint!

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done!

Thanks to Nick and Apollo Optics for all the great tips and tricks to get these installed. It took most of the day due to being extra careful about taping off the painted areas and using my Dremel to open up some nice, clean cutouts for the back bolts. I didn't want to cut the windshield cowling but it was necessary since I was doing this myself. The key is removing the hood struts and using a broom handle to prop up the hood. After the light brackets were installed it was a little tricky getting the lights mounted to the brackets(really tight fit for tools). I couldn't be happier. Now I just need the blue covers I ordered with the lights!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks to Nick and Apollo Optics for all the great tips and tricks to get these installed. It took most of the day due to being extra careful about taping off the painted areas and using my Dremel to open up some nice, clean cutouts for the back bolts. I didn't want to cut the windshield cowling but it was necessary since I was doing this myself. The key is removing the hood struts and using a broom handle to prop up the hood. After the light brackets were installed it was a little tricky getting the lights mounted to the brackets(really tight fit for tools). I couldn't be happier. Now I just need the blue covers I ordered with the lights!

They look great! Glad you're happy, Jay!