GROUP BUY: Apollo Optics Satellights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My happiness was short lived. The brackets gave me a lot of trouble and I had to abandon the project. I caused some damage to the truck in the process.

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ADD hood mount brackets that are needed for the 4.5's to mount on the hood. They are no cutting required brackets and mount on the hood/hinge point. It didn't go smoothly, the bracket doesn't line up right, the bolts don't want to go back in with the bracket attached, and the bolts seem impossible to screw in because of clearance issues with the trim. Needless to say I was very frustrated that something that is supposed to be pretty easy to install became so difficult. I chipped the edge of my hood near the wipers because the brackets don't clear smoothly. I stripped the bolt hole trying to tighten everything and inhad to cut the windshield/hood trim to try and get a tool wedged in to tighten the bolts. I gave up and never installed the brackets.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that happened. I just got my SDHQ no cut brackets in and hoping to get my lights here early this week.

Did you release the hood struts while trying to put those brackets on?

I know I tried to adjust mine just messing around and it took an angled 10mm wrench to get to that back nut.

I am going to tape my edges off when i start trying to install the brackets. Good luck getting that completed.

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the fact I read that it helps to release the hood struts. But my most serious issue was trying to get the back bolt tightened after installing the bracket. Yes! Definitely tape off as much as possible to save your paint and plastic. And trace around the hood mounts with a sharpie so you can align them properly after installing the brackets. Good luck to you.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup.. that hood mount is a PITA unless you release the starts and have a couple buddies. Getting it aligned back up in no fun.

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jay, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the mounts. Any luck with getting them fixed?

Dave, your lights shipped last week. I'll send you the tracking information shortly.