Front Receiver Hitch 4x4 Light Bar Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I have this idea and already ordered the parts

Purchased the Receiver Hitch step for 80 bucks on amazon and Four 100 watt offroad lights for 29 bucks a pair at harbor freight.

I just installed the Warn front receiver on my Raptor a week ago and plan to custom mod my own light bar thats a quick release system with powered connectors wired to the aux switches.. see the parts in the pics and use your imagination. once my project is complete I will post the finish product..

Hey im into saving a few bucks total cost $140... If a light breaks I"ll buy a set of replacements to keep as spares..

Attachments

• IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 224
  • image_130.jpg
    image_130.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 210Dl2dr-5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    210Dl2dr-5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 289

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
My only question is will there be any movement from the hitch to the receiver?
I know all my trucks have had a little play in them, and that little amount of play will get annoying when the lights are on

OP
OP
yomudderputter

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only question is will there be any movement from the hitch to the receiver?
I know all my trucks have had a little play in them, and that little amount of play will get annoying when the lights are on

good point.. I'll wrap the receiver with black duck tape or something professional looking to keep it wedge in nice a tight.

OP
OP
yomudderputter

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on my Receiver 4x4 light bar custom build!

still more work to go but this is coming along pretty good. I like that I can remove it when not in use. keep the thieves from taking my shit..

still needs adjusting, and some rubber gaskets to snug it all down but, its a simple way to use my front receiver for optional gear.. next maybe a generator? Air Compressor, death ray? oh the possibilities :peace:

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 77

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please keep us posted when you offroad, I would be interested to see if you can prevent the vibration through the lights. If it does, please post pics of your gasket/damping material. Thanks and good luck!

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I went to my driving school for the government, they used front and rear receivers for all sorts of things. I thought it pretty ingenious then and still do now. They had winches, lights, tool boxes, stands, tables and other things that were mounted in the back of the SUV in hitch receivers that were attached to the frame inside and un-pinned from there and went right in the front/rear.

Really when you think about it, you could do anything that way...

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious to see how this works out. The major benefit is obviously versatility. Are you planning on doing some kind of quick-connect/disconnect wiring for the lights? Hockster had his ADD bumper built with a front receiver through the skidplate... I wonder if he had the same type of plans in mind.