front bumperettes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nignipz

Reaction score
i just installed a 20 inch led bar in my lower grill but for the life of me i can't seem to get the two bumperttes in! can any one explain how to do this of maybe a video link!?

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Take the bumper off and do it from behind. I think that's how I did it.

Badazzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did mine. Take the skid plate off and remove the tow hooks, then you can get a gear wrench on the bolts of the bumperetts.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i just installed a 20 inch led bar in my lower grill but for the life of me i can't seem to get the two bumperttes in! can any one explain how to do this of maybe a video link!?

:snoopfacepalm: oh noooooo!
You took them off? It's a B I T C H to get them back on. Let me see if I can find the thread on how to reinstall them.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=716476

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Ok. Here you go. Some ways to reinstall the bumperette.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=254383

If I would have known the bumperette covers were such a pain in the ass to reinstall, I never would have removed them. I had the bumper off to install a winch, and I wanted to plastidip the light grey portion of the bumper. To get good coverage on the bumper I removed the bumperette covers. They came off easy enough, but trying to put them back on is a different story.
I had tried the long skinny screw driver technique, but every time I got one or two of the plastic tabs on the cover into place, another one would come undone. :emotions122::disgust: Under some frustration, I did a quick search on FRF and it looked like people had the best of luck installing the bumperettes with the bumper off and by removing the complete bumperette. Damn, I had just put the bumper back on. I didn’t want to take it back off.
So the @Raptorwifey said “Why don’t you use some string to pull the tabs out as you install the cover?” I was skeptical at first, but thought about using some strong twist ties I had in the garage. I got the top two plastic tabs hooked in place. While she held the top in securely, and using two twist ties at the same time, I looped them around the bottom two plastic tabs. I pushed the bumperette cover into the final position and pulled the twist ties out. Perfect, it worked.
So that is an alternative why to install the bumperette covers. [emoji14]eace:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=119734

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

Last edited:

maguro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had to take mine off too. I got so frustrated trying to put them back on that they remain off till this day. But my bumper is painted black so it don't look bad.

Badazzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh come on guys. It's so simple. Follow my post #4. It took me all of 15 minutes. No biggy.

Badazzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well mine is all back together so I really can't take photos of the process but I can walk you through it step by step. The plastic cover snaps onto the base plate of the bumperette. Once you snap the plastic cover off you can't get the little tabs that hold it on back over the base plate while it's bolted to the bumper. The base plate is held on with two studs with nuts. The problem is you can't get to these nuts. But if you remove the skid plate which I believe is 6 14mm or 15mm bolts you will see the two bolts that hold the tow rings on. Remove these bolts and the tow hook will come off. Now you can see the two nuts that hold on the base of the bumperette. You can now get a box end wrench on these nuts. Remove them and the base plate will come off. Now it is easy to snap the little tabs of the cover back on the base. Next bolt the base plate with cover attached back in place. Then the tow hooks and then the skid plate. Wala there back on without breaking or damaging the little tabs on the cover. An impact wrench does make the job go a lot faster but all you really need is a socket, ratchet and a box or open end wrench which almost everybody has. It took me less than 15 minutes with an impact but if you just use a ratchet your probably looking at 1/2 hour. Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.