front bar options that wont block tag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found this option which I am going to go with I think.
DTP-302-153S3 Ford Raptor and F150, 09-13 F150 Short Tube 3 Tab | TireGate.comTireGate.com

This company purchased the Defiant Truck Products designs, I talked to them on the phone and they will actually modify the bar however you want. I am going to mount two curved 40" lights on the bar - one on the top and one on the bottom side, or maybe two smaller ones on the bottom side, haven't quite decided yet on the look I want and amber lights are hard to find in larger sizes. The ones on the bottom side I want to have amber and the top white. I am going to have them add a second bar over the top of the one in the pic and a third bar under the bar in the pic to make two 'pockets' for the lights to sit in to give the bar some protection if like a limb or something in the woods drops on them. It would look sort of like the top pocket on the Wicked bar (one in the OP post) on the top with the same pocket mirrored under it.

I also asked them if they could make the mounting brackets out of a thicker gauge metal so its more sturdy and I asked them if they could fab up a sort of support bracket that would mount behind the license plate and share those bolts sort of like the KC ones to add some support to stop any shaking (their answer is pending yet about that).

My call to them was originally about the dimensions for the mounting tabs - nice thing is they can make the tabs whichever dimension you want. I plan to get my lights first, then take measurements and have them fab the bar up for me.

Might take a bit for me to get it completed, just had a baby so time/money is tight but will be sure to post up pics once I have everything and installed.

Guy I talked to on the phone was great, very knowledge and flexible on doing some customizing!

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Forgot to mention - I haven't used my front camera yet and likely wont ever use it but with mounting a led bar there instead of round lights, I think it would clear the camera better and it looks to be clear for the license plate as well. With the amber bar(s) I want to put on the bottom of the bar, I might have to do like two 10" or 12" bars or something like that to frame the plate...not sure on that one yet...

Other option would be to have Ambers in the fog light openings (I know they are not really fog light openings) - I am patiently waiting for M&R to finish their sourounds so I can order a kit...thinking of that, does M&R offer a amber cube?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just to let you know, we have radius bars and also offer true amber bars as well. Let us know what you're interested in and we can get you setup!

Moridin

Reaction score
I just installed the Ford light bar

and went with 6" round old-school lights. Doesn't block the tag at all (as a matter of fact the bar utilizes the holes that the tag holder does) and my front camera is fine. A bit of the area directly in front of my truck is obscured by the lights some, maybe 8 to 12"?

With a flatter light bar, you should be more than fine.